07 Ram 2500 Mild Expo Rig

07Ram

Haven't been on this site in a while. Life, work, going back to school, and thoughts on selling the truck have got in the way of things. Not forced to sell but if I'm offered what I think its worth, I wont say no. And probably regret it later. Anyway, here is a few upgrades I have done the past few months.

Bumpers!

Road Rhino WIY kits, painted with spray can bed liner to match the rock sliders. These things are tough and heavy. Used an engine lift and ratchet straps to install.

Air compressor!

There was a front hitch mounted using nuts tacked to square plates inside the frame rails. Copied that for the mounting hardware and used 1/4" plate for the shelf painted in the same bed liner paint for uniformity. Tucks in pretty well, above the lowest point of the bumper for frontal and underside protection. For rain protection I was thinking of making a neoprene cover for the compressor like they sell for winches.

Happy Holidays!

07Ram

I like them, very smooth and quiet for a mud tire and a decent price (also got 4 free tickets to a Kings game at Staples for buying a set). But the soft compound has started to chunk after two trips in the desert. Average for wear for a mud I'd say. But the best mud tire I've ever had on the highway though. I've got the truck up over 90mph on a lonely highway before I realized how fast I was going and backed off. Although it might be the size and weight of the truck that keeps them under control. Wish I had some real mud and snow to try them out in. Soft tire, soft Carli suspension, yummy Cadillac ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles