07 Ram 2500 Mild Expo Rig

07Ram

Hello, after seeing and being influenced by many great rigs on this site, I'm jumping in and building my own. Originally I was looking for a Ford or Ram diesel when I came across this for what I thought was a steal and couldn't pass it up.

Factory specs:
2007 Ram 2500 QCSB
5.7/auto, 4x4 with floor shifter
SLT (power windows, door locks, cruise control, etc.)
4.10 gears with rear LSD & Tow package
Carpet delete
Keyless locking tailgate
This is how I bought it back in September '13 with 92k miles:

This is how she sits now after installing:
Carli starter kit, control arms, track bar & torsion sway bar
'08+ steering upgrade w/ 5100 stabilizer
PSC steering brace
Power Wagon skid plates & Carli front diff skid
35x12.50r17 E-rating Cooper STT's with full matching spare in stock location
Snugtop camper shell with side vents and inside escape latch so I can lock myself in
Superchip Cortex programmer
Uniden Bearcat 880 w/ 3' Wilson Silver Load
Aftermarket backup sensors
Diehard Platinum battery

Future plans:
Carli ball joints
Road Rhino front and rear wiy bumpers
Warn M12000 in front and M8000 in rear
Whiteknuckle frame mounted rocksliders
Roof rack ? for just in case
Snorkel ? for just in case
Onboard air, fridge
Figuring out what I want to do for a bed when the tent is not secure enough

JayT

Wondering if you could throw up some pics of the skid plates, particularly the front diff skid plate. I have similar truck; 2004 except I'm the ST, manual doors and windows, rubber floor. Looking forward to seeing some more!

Halligan

Adventurer
Nice build. My only question is do you really need a snorkel and front and rear winches for "mild" expo use?

ripperj

Explorer
You sound like my wife :), what does "need" have to do with anything on this site? "Want"!!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

duxndogs

Observer
Nice rig! How do like the Carli starter kit?

I'm looking at that kit and their Commuter kit. I have a newish F250 gasser (6.2L V8) and am a little concerned the shocks/coil springs may be too stiff for my gasser. Their tuned for the heavier diesels as I understand.

Thanks!

07Ram

Thanks guys and here's some pics of the skids and driver side rock slider. Still need to install the three rails/tubes that connect the three cross members on the passenger side.

JayT, let me know if you need some more detailed pics, I'll be underneath it again tonight installing the passenger rock slider.

Halligan, no the snorkel and winches are not "needed", but my boy scout days taught me to always be prepared. Never know what your going to come across. Better to have it and not need it then need it and......Aww who am I kidding, ripperj's right, I just want them :sombrero:. But there not pivotal items and I hope to just find them used and cheap over time on craigslist or something.

duxndogs, I really like the kit, it firmed up the ride in a nice way, no more harsh jolts but at the same time it has a good amount of articulation. I'm not sure about the Fords, Carli has gasser specific springs for the Dodges. Best bet is to call Carli and see if he can work something out for you.

76hauler

Nice rig! How do like the Carli starter kit?

I'm looking at that kit and their Commuter kit. I have a newish F250 gasser (6.2L V8) and am a little concerned the shocks/coil springs may be too stiff for my gasser. Their tuned for the heavier diesels as I understand.

Thanks!

07Ram, I don't mean to butt in here.... Carli can work on your valveing to dial in for the "lighter" trucks- I have an '09 V10 that took them a little time to get right, but they nailed it! Awesome product and a great bunch of guys to work with!

BTW 07, nice truck! where in the OC are you? looking forward to seeing more updates

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
Nice truck!!
I had a '07 PW, and added ram assist steering after doing the same upgrade you did. Long story short, I have a spare factory PS pump setup by PSC if you are interested- shoot me a PM.
And it certainly is another 'need' item ;-)

07Ram

http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s641/Gloom_Drifter/Ram006_zps36b4e48b.jpg

I really like how those sliders/steps attach to the frame rails. What I can't figure out is how you were able to get the C shaped frame attachment over the top of the frame rail??

Edit: as soon as I sent that I saw the other bolt at the top of the frame to act as a clamp. Great idea to avoid extra holes in the frame and a stronger attachment point.

I like the clamps too, very simple and easy to put on. I did it by myself with just a floor jack and some wrenches.

do those sliders fit 04 2500 diesels?

Yes, it looks like they do http://white-knuckleoffroad.com/powerwagon.htm and for many other vehicles too.

07Ram

07Ram, I don't mean to butt in here.... Carli can work on your valveing to dial in for the "lighter" trucks- I have an '09 V10 that took them a little time to get right, but they nailed it! Awesome product and a great bunch of guys to work with!

BTW 07, nice truck! where in the OC are you? looking forward to seeing more updates

Thanks! I live in Fullerton not too far from St Jude Hospital.

07Ram

I just got back the other day from a 5 day nearly 3k mile round trip to Ft Hood TX where my brother is stationed. I made the trip in the dodge earlier this year when it was mostly stock with a tool box in the bed. This time the ride was much improved. Mileage was between 14-14.6 mpg at 75 mph getting there. I returned towing my brothers '01 WJ and got about 12 mpg at 65 mph the whole way back. I forgot to bring my programmer with me to switch it to tow tuning so it stayed on performance mode. Here she is slightly squatting all the way back.

07Ram

And when I got back I found some boxes waiting for me.
I finally got my Road Rhino bumpers in after nearly 8 weeks since ordering them. They are going to be either mig or tig welded next week at my work. I'm an estimator / project manager for a structural steel fab shop. Ill try and get some pics while they are working on it.
I got a full set of PIAA lights for the bumpers too. 2 sets of 510's (fog and driving) and 1 set of 2190 fog lights for the rear. All three were half priced open box deals on ebay.

And I also got a Warn M15000. There were 4 listed on an ebay auction for half price and I thought there was a liquidation sale going on so I jumped on it real fast. I think they made a mistake because an hour later the auction was revised to normal pricing. I was expecting a refund but instead got an email the next day with a tracking number. Here it is with the warn tested tag saying 2011 on it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier