Sleeping setups

Malamute

Observer
A way to add some usable space in the vehicle is a platform in the rear. I built one for a Suburban for my dog to lay on, it gives storage space underneath, and I can clear some of that stuff, and slide my legs under it and sleep. The dog still has her spot and I have a lot of room. She loves riding up there most of the time also, she can be laying down, but see whats going on in every direction.

peneumbra

Explorer
One solution that may be a little less expensive than a tentcot:
How about a body bag? A new one - unused, you know...

MikeCG

Adventurer
Sounds like you have a great trip planned. I don't know when your planning to do it, but if it's summer be aware of the temperatures. Death Valley has the potential to hit 120+ degrees F and Vegas isn't much better. I lived in Las Vegas for 3 years. I have to warnings to pass along. Number one: be aware of your tires. The rocks and cactus needles can take out even the toughest tires in the blink of an eye. The tire shop guys and I were on a first name bases. Number two: find out when the rainy season is. Flash floods hit fast and hard. If you get caught in one, you will lose your vehicle at best and you life at worst. Several people drown every year in the desert.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94