w0mps WJ Build Thread

W0mps

Adventurer
I had my jeep on the beach all day. Wish i knew you where coming. Would have loved to see the awning.
Hey Steve -

Unfortunately I missed the deadline for the registration so the Jeep sat at the hotel all day! I got a ton of pictures though. Maybe next time!

I saw your Jeep... I like the tire carrier.

Last edited:

Lecoq

Explorer
Wish I was anywhere near a beach I could drive to. Looks like the suspension has settled a bit. It's at the perfect height/tire ratio.

Ranger Steve

Adventurer
Hey Steve -

Unfortunately I missed the deadline for the registration so the Jeep sat at the hotel all day! I got a ton of pictures though. Maybe next time!

I saw your Jeep... I like the tire carrier.

I had a custom fabricator make it for me. Used the idea I saw on jeep forum combined with how I wanted it and s few of his ideas. I love it.

Lecoq

Explorer
I can't kick my slight bump steer still! I've learned to live with it and pardoned with the fact that long arms will be the only solution.

Same issue here with IRO adjustable short arms. I've tried different combinations of adjustments and I still have an annoying amount of bump steer. I wonder if a track bar drop and pitman arm drop would help?

W0mps

Adventurer
No! No drop brackets will solve this problem! I'm convinced it's strictly the angle of the control arms now, unfortunately.

W0mps

Adventurer
Picked up one of these ATV hitch haulers yesterday from Harbor Freight. It will apparently support 300lbs and seems quite beefy. Will only be used when I have my camping gear loaded to prevent the cargo area from getting too crowded. Hopefully it fits my two 24 gallon action packers full of gear!

W0mps

Adventurer
Ended up swapping my 4 Gallon Rotopax for a 2 Gallon Rotopax, so I'm able to fit both gas and water in the rack -

W0mps

Adventurer
So recently I found out that here in NJ we actually have a trail of roads that run from High Point State Park (the most northwest point of NJ) to Cape May, NJ (the most southern tip of NJ). It is called the Trans New Jersey Trail and is composed of paved/gravel roads, dirt roads and some pretty technical trails. It mainly runs the western border of NJ. I met up with a buddy of mine on Sunday and we ran around 100 miles of the trail. It was super scenic and lots of fun. Apparently the entire trail is around 750 miles long and guys on bikes as well as rigs run it. We started in High Point and headed over to Sunset Mountain. We also hit Buttermilk Falls in Stokes State Forest and rode some nice trails that ran parallel to the Delaware River. This was just the tip of the trail and it was awesome! A few guys are planning on running the whole trail Labor Day weekend, however I have a wedding to attend so I probably won't make it. They anticipate doing it in 3 days with 2 nights of camping. Check out the pics:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94