My Disco2 Build

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
Oh, yeah and I almost forgot the reason I started this whole thing. The CB

Just shoved my Cobra CB box under the console and wired it into the cigarette lighter wiring. That way I'll never leave it on to drain the battery.

10487500_10152272200725028_3278747369233475274_n.jpg

All back together, just need the proper shifter handle and sticker

10357180_10152272202315028_8415839994952255288_n.jpg

Last edited:

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
So a couple of questions:

How come my CDL light does not come on in the dash?

Is there supposed to be a Low Range indicator that turns on in the dash as well?

AND

Is there an indicator on the dash for the Downhill Assist? I tried mine in low-range going down a hill. It works, but again no light comes on in the dash.

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
Okay, diff lock light finally came on. But now it won't go off. hmm. looks like i'll have to do some tweaking.

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
There's often a good bit of delay in the light illuminating and turning off. No light for low range, but it should chime a couple times. If you want the light to go off sooner(aka you want to be able to turn the vehicle off and back on and still have traction control) turn in a tight circle.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Wreckdiver1321

You are from my home town of Billings, MT!

Love the Rover!

Yessir! I live in Laurel these days, but the rest of my life happens in Billings. I always loved seeing the photos of your P38, so I'm excited to see where this truck goes. Yeah, I loved my old Disco. Too bad it didn't love me much :)

There's often a good bit of delay in the light illuminating and turning off. No light for low range, but it should chime a couple times. If you want the light to go off sooner(aka you want to be able to turn the vehicle off and back on and still have traction control) turn in a tight circle.

Ahh, good old fashioned Rover voodoo :D

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
Haven't done much to it. Been to busy with work and my wife having our 4th child on Tuesday.

Today I had some free time. I've noticed it seems to have a miss fire. So I bought some NGK V Power plugs and some new Bosch plug wires.

The old plugs were AutoLite (who the hell uses those crap plugs in a Land Rover?) . They were pretty worn and the gaps were way out of spec. As I pulled the spark plug boots, almost all of then broke.

I installed the new plugs and wires taking my time and had it done in a little over an hour. I also made sure to give the wires a good coating of dielectric grease so next time they'll come off easier.

I also replaced my battery.

Now the three amigos have shown up. Hope it's just a wheel speed sensor. I need to get a abs code reader.

This morning I took off the grill and went down to the car wash. I've noticed the fans are always on. So I pressure washed the radiators and coolers out really well. Seems to have helped so far.

I also bought some 16" wheels, sold my Mercedes so I can get some tires.

Probably going to go with 235/85/16's. But I'm not sure yet.

Sorry, no pictures, you'll have to imagine it.

Our new and last edition. Violet. 7lbs 4oz 20 inches.
0b5487e4f768d5412ce0aed9fa725e25.jpg

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
This happened today. Not happy

Stupid lady on the interstate ran over a blown out semi truck tire and threw it onto my Discovery

10628237_10152317500160028_9202618261720723276_n.jpg

Last edited:

fishEH

Explorer
Actually the AutoLite and Champion Coppers are some of the preferred plugs for D1's actually.
Congrats on your 4th, buddy!!!

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
Last time I used autolites, they fell apart inside the cylinder of a Toyota. I've hated them ever since and only use NGK or Bosch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94