Thinking about a Ute or similar flatbed on 1st gen DC Tundra

huntsonora

Explorer
Has anybody seen a 1st gen tundra with a flatbed? I think I it would be incredibly versatile and am seriously considering putting one on my truck

E59753A5-FA38-4633-8A01-50ACC5195FDC_zpsv1gl6kzo.png
[/URL]

F7D1F9C4-F294-4163-BCC2-FFB34BA0ABCE_zpsnp4ka37t.png
[/URL]

The curvature of the bed and cab have me a little worried, do you think a ute bed would work well with this truck?

huntsonora

Explorer
Hey Drummond, How's things? Check the link... I know its a Taco, but I think this looks super cool, and would be a similar look on your Tundra.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=236487&d=1405709142

How's life in BC treating you bud? Come see us in CO!

I actually love that flatbed and it is one of the trucks that got me to thinking about making the switch. I just don't have the skill to fab one up like that. Does anybody know of a good fabricator on the front range here in CO that could pull something like that off? Also, would the price be similar to that of the ute which it right around $2500?

huntsonora

Explorer
My first hunt starts august 9th this year and I'll be going until February but let me know, I'm going to have a little more time at home this season

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Will do. We are looking to do some fishing in Wyoming so I might hit you up for some intel!

huntsonora

Explorer
I ♥ Taco;1635260 said:
Hurry up and do this so I can copy you :) I have the same truck. Great rig!

Thanks!

I just sent a PM to the guy that built the one in the link that Redthies posted. Wanted to pick his brain a bit before I moved forward with it

huntsonora

Explorer
Here is the bed as it sits. I could just get this repaired or I could go with the flatbed. Still trying to get some feedback on the estimated cost of a custom built bed...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke