OFF THE GRID RENTALS

N2Jeeps

For all those in the Southern California area, check out Off The Grid Rentals. We are partnered with Rebel Off Road in Laguna Hills and will be operating out of their showroom. Starting September 1st, the custom built Socal Teardrop Trailer will be available for rent along with the tents, fridges, generators and more... Check out our website at www.rentoffthegrid.com or like us on Facebook to keep up with current deals at https:// www.facebook.com/offthegridrental.
Krawler Side with Logo.jpg

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
I saw SoCal post a pic on their Facebook the other day. Cool concept.

I have a Krawler on order. Can't wait to get it.

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
incredible prices

if I ever get out there I'm renting the trailer

good luck with business

ih8philly

Adventurer
This is a really cool idea. A couple of things I didn't see on your website. It may be helpful to give people an idea on what the trailer weighs so they can make better decisions about whether their vehicle can tow it.

The insurance is also unclear. I know the tow vehicle insurance will cover damages to others. But the renter will be on the hook for damages to the trailer? Is that correct? Is there an option for a typical rental car loss damage waiver?

It's also unclear to me if the "Options" can be rented separately. Say if someone just wanted to rent a fridge for a weekend.

N2Jeeps

Thank you for the great input... We have made some edits to make things more clear on the website (www.rentoffthegrid.com)

We are in the process with an insurance provider that will make available a supplemental insurance that will be required for all trailer rentals. Because you are correct... Your insurance will only cover damages to others and not to the trailer. What we want to offer is more insurance coverage and not just a personal waiver.

This is a really cool idea. A couple of things I didn't see on your website. It may be helpful to give people an idea on what the trailer weighs so they can make better decisions about whether their vehicle can tow it.

The insurance is also unclear. I know the tow vehicle insurance will cover damages to others. But the renter will be on the hook for damages to the trailer? Is that correct? Is there an option for a typical rental car loss damage waiver?

It's also unclear to me if the "Options" can be rented separately. Say if someone just wanted to rent a fridge for a weekend.

ih8philly

Adventurer
Edits look good! That clarifies things. I didn't even know they had trailer brake controllers that mount on the trailer.

luk4mud

Explorer
Great concept. Are there any restrictions on where the renter can take it? Like ... is the Rubicon ok?

N2Jeeps

We do have restrictions that do not allow difficult trails like the Rubicon due to the unavoidable damage that would take place. The size of the trailer is a bit large for maneuvering those types of trails and the damage would be too great. The Renter is insured for physical damage caused by "normal use" but trails like the Rubicon would not fall under that description.

Great concept. Are there any restrictions on where the renter can take it? Like ... is the Rubicon ok?

luk4mud

Explorer
We do have restrictions that do not allow difficult trails like the Rubicon due to the unavoidable damage that would take place. The size of the trailer is a bit large for maneuvering those types of trails and the damage would be too great. The Renter is insured for physical damage caused by "normal use" but trails like the Rubicon would not fall under that description.

"Normal use" could be subject to a flexible interpretation by some renters. Your rates are very fair, best of luck with the business venture!

N2Jeeps

We have seen quite a bit of support from the overland community and want to thank everyone for the encouragement! We hope to soon be in multiple locations across the west!
_S6A9879.jpg

N2Jeeps

3c0c879d2c75c71c1c855ac8ed3d2492.jpg

Will be renting out of Barlow Adventures in Sedona, AZ and Moab, UT starting November 1st, 2015. Check website for details www.RENTOFFTHEGRID.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz