2000, 100 series build

Sempertoy

Explorer
Man, I keep checking this thread like 6 times a day. I have a possible trade on a super clean 98 100 series for my 80.. I am so torn. I hope this pushes me in one direction or the other.

Benc

Explorer
Man, I keep checking this thread like 6 times a day. I have a possible trade on a super clean 98 100 series for my 80.. I am so torn. I hope this pushes me in one direction or the other.

Yeah that's a tough call. If only toyota gave us one year with the solid axel and the v8. For me that's what made up my mind ,the v8 was more important than the solid front axel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sempertoy

Explorer
Yeah that's a tough call. If only toyota gave us one year with the solid axel and the v8. For me that's what made up my mind ,the v8 was more important than the solid front axel.

Yeah I hear you. The V8 sure would be nice.

CreeperSleeper

Looking for bigger rocks.
I love my 100, but I really miss my 80... I'm just lucky enough to have a 40 for the trails. If I was limited to only one Cruiser, it would be another 80, hands down.

Benc

Explorer
Subscribed. This is going to be a quality build. How's the 2UZ handling the 315s?

Not bad at all, we'll see once all the armor is on. Got the lift installed today! I think I still need to get the front a little higher. Drove it to the shop to get the alignment and it drove and way better than stock! Hoping to get started on the sliders tomorrow , I'll keep you guys posted.
ubyrure5.jpg
husapa5y.jpg
gy9ybu9a.jpg

Benc

Explorer
The lift is on and got aligned today. It drives great! Rides smooth but corners way better than it did stock. Also got the sliders built. It's been a long couple days but she's almost ready for the trip.
uga9uvyp.jpg
umevaqyt.jpg
9y2y3ybe.jpg
pe4aqame.jpg
bu6atesy.jpg
qedumeba.jpg
4ejy2e6a.jpg
sybybure.jpg

mph

Expedition Leader
You got some skills! good for you...looks terrific...I am curious about your tire size as well.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
You don't mess around! I remember ogling at the pics of your Taco fully armored and set up. That thing was awesome.

Very interested to see where this build goes. If it's anything like your Taco, it will be, as my friend says, like sex in a bucket. :D

Benc

Explorer
Finally got the cruiser dirty today! Took it down to a local swimming hole. The road down isn't too bad but there are some pretty rutted out sections that I got to test it out. The active trac works great! There were a few spots where 1 front and 1 rear tire where in the air and it just kept going, it does take a bit to get used to but it seams like it will work well. I still plan to put air lockers front and rear as soon as I have $4000 to dump into the diffs. I was pretty happy with the suspension but it is a little stiff since I got the heavy kit and have no armor yet. I'm going to try and pick up a winch and metal tomorrow and possibly get started on the front bumper. I forgot to take pics as we were kind of in a hurry so all I have it one ,sorry
e7ysamad.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier

Members online