2000, 100 series build

Benc

Explorer
I sold my tacoma and picked up this 2000 100 series with 140,000 yesterday, the 100 is super clean inside a And out and one of my favorite colors the 100 came in. I did not expect my truck to sell so soon so I'm going to have to try And build this truck quickly so the season is not wasted. The plans for the 100 is full armor, ome 2 1/2 in lift, 315 Goodyear mtrs , 4.88s and air lockers front and rear, I will be building all the armor my self with the intension of keeping the amor as lite as possible. Here are some pics of the truck I sold and the cruiser that replaced it,
apyje5at.jpg
y5y2ypep.jpg
erujapur.jpg
jytyjupu.jpg
u4emena4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benc

Explorer
Thanks, it was a hard decision to sell the truck but I think the 100 is going to fit my needs better. I'm at the tire shop now, going to see if the 315s will stuff in there until the lift comes.

rickashay

Explorer
Thanks, it was a hard decision to sell the truck but I think the 100 is going to fit my needs better. I'm at the tire shop now, going to see if the 315s will stuff in there until the lift comes.

PICS! If I ever built a 100, it would be exactly as you have described. Love the River Rock Green color too. Subscribed!

Sempertoy

Explorer
River rock is one of my favorites too! Looks like a clean rig. I assume that since you mentioned lockers, that yours did not come with the rear e locker?

Benc

Explorer
Thanks, no locker. The tires are on! 315s with no lift. All I had to trim was the inner fender and the pinch welds. I don't think it would be wheel able like this but on rough roads and the street there is no rubbing. I ordered the lift today from slee and they said I could possibly see it on fri. I'm going to try a build sliders ASAP for an upcoming trip on the 8th. Here are some pics with the tent, awning and new tires installed
5a9e2ygu.jpg
hy5e7apa.jpg
y7yjujaj.jpg

Benc

Explorer
Got the tracking # from slee! lift should be here on Thursday. I talked with Ben at slee and he was very helpful. I ended up ordering the 2.5 ome heavy kit with fj80 rear shocks, diff drop and upper control arms. The only thing that sucks is I will not be getting to the bumpers right away so it may ride a little stiff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mizzle415

Observer
Subscribed. Dreaming of an LC100 to upsize the family camping rig from a 3rd gen 4runner. I like where you are heading with this and look forward to seeing it morph.:coffee:

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Are the tires rubbing when you turn the wheel all the way? How are they on the road, noise-wise?
Did yo uget the Slee shocks? I'm contemplating those...

Benc

Explorer
Are the tires rubbing when you turn the wheel all the way? How are they on the road, noise-wise?
Did yo uget the Slee shocks? I'm contemplating those...

No rubbing at all with normal street driving. I'm sure it would rub off road. The tires are great in the road, very smooth and quite. I have yet to take them off road but they look like they will do well. I decided to get something a little more road friendly so I got the Toyo open country ats instead of the mtrs as this will be seeing more road trips than the truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles