Waterproof iPhone Case Review

Exploring Elements

Supporting Sponsor
For many countries a "smart phone" is a great way to stay connected. Keeping that device safe and dry is key to its longevity. I took a look at a BUNCH of different options to accomplish this mission.

REVIEW: Waterproof iPhone Case

EEiPhoneCaseReview-12.jpg

jarrodmcmillian

I personally have a lifeproof for my 4s. I'm not excessively hard on my phone, but I have put it through it's paces. The case lasted about 18 months when the rubber edge surrounding the screen protector started to peel off killing the waterproof capability. Eventually all the rubber peeled off and the protector came off with it. Up until then I had no moisture issues. It is rather difficult to hear while having a phone conversation unless you can get it right in the perfect spot on your ear, which I don't think really detracts from the case. If I was buying another iPhone, I'd definitely get another lifeproof.

Utah KJ

Free State of Florida
I have a lifeproof case for my 5s. I have to let my phone out to clean out all the dust particles that accumulate inside this dustproof and waterproof case I paid $80 for. I have not had a chance to check the waterproofness of the case but I can imagine it's just as full of fail as the dustproofness. This was the first lifeproof case I purchased, because I was tired of the Otterbox cases that stretched out or the belt clips failed. The search continues....

Eview326

Otterbox and lifeproof are one in the same now, same company. As for the peeling on the case it happened to me too. But they will send you a brand new case under warranty if you ask. My lifeproof has saved my iphone 5 many many times. Well worth the money.

jarrodmcmillian

Unfortunately for me it peeled well after the warranty expired. I'm sure they'd probably send me a new one if emailed and asked, but I'm upgrading to a better (I.e. Not iphone) phone soon so I'm not going to bother with it. I never had an issue with dust inside the case, it does build up in the speaker/mic ports in the bottom and I clean it out with some compressed air every so often.

luckyjoe

Adventurer
My iPhone 5 has not left it's Lifeproof case since May 2013. I've camped all over the East Coast, stashing it in various pockets, bags, boots, hats, tents, etc. It even lived on the deck of a boat for a week in the Bahamas. In that time the finish has certainly worn, but no breakage, delamination or peeling, and personally, it feels better in my hand than a new one. No dust and no water inside at all, and I rinse it off in the sink about once a week.

Great product.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94