Heco lift height

docdave

Aspiring overlander
Does anyone know if the Heco lift system can lift to greater than the 24 inch or so standard height of most popups? I'd like more height on the cabover and in the toilet.

kentuckydiesel

What are you going to do about the canvas if you lift the roof higher?

What sort of angle are the outer arms currently at when the roof is fully raised.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

I can give you a few ideas if you post some pics of your lift setup with the roof at current raised height.

-Phillip

docdave

Aspiring overlander
I'm thinkin' that I'll replace the canvas, maybe the top too.... snag is, I doubt the Hallmark factory will make a non standard height softwall, but I haven't asked. I can buy a top that fits my camper from Hallmark or Outfitter, which is in the cards at some point anyhow, since my 20 year old camper top is gettin' a bit whanky. I'm a tall guy, and find the cabover and the shower a bit snug. I think that Bob at Phoenix would make a custom softwall, but haven't visited with him yet either.... need to find out if the lift will work first.... I'll get some pics soon..... Thanks.

kpherzog

I too have been trying to find a camper with more headroom over the bunk. Hallmark told me they could increase the headroom to 32 inches by eliminating the under-bunk storage. Phoenix said there would be no problem with increasing the amount of pop-up to 36 inches, increasing the height of the fabric to match. I would really like to have full sitting headroom, say about 40 inches total. The headroom in my Flip-pac is more than adequate, but at my age I am starting to have trouble folding the top over, plus it's not the greatest in the rain.

. . .Kurt

kentuckydiesel

The easiest way to raise your roof height would be to detach the canvas from your roof, put spacers between your heco roof mounting brackets and the roof itself, then add spacer strips of the same thickness to the perimeter of your roof where your canvas screws on.

If you don't go too crazy with extra height (1-2"), it will probably fold back down fine...but that's where pics of your current setup would help.

-Phillip

docdave

Aspiring overlander
The heco system is shown on Hallmark's website. I'm not sure if it can be modified or not. I've been thinking about building an arched top (front to back) with a teardrop profile to add room over the cab, increase cabinet height, and improve aerodynamics,bit allow use of a factory height softwall. I haven't seen anyone try this.... has anyone any information on this? As mentioned above, I'd have to have mounts on the top at the same height as they are now, but could have 6 or 8 inches of added height at the highest point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior