Outlander Sherpa II trailer for sale $10,500 (REDUCED)

huskyfargo

Adventurer
After much deliberation, I've decided to sell my beloved Sherpa and go with something a little more self-contained. I've done several different configurations to this trailer, but the way it sits now is as follows:

- Standard Sherpa II with raised rack over main storage box
- Solid axle with 5x5 lug pattern (setup for the JK I originally drove)
- Wheel spacer/adapters to fit my current LR3 wheels.
- electronic trailer brakes
- slide-out for grill (included weber Q)
- slide-out for ice chest/ fridge (included 85qt Yeti)
- space under slide-out for firewood, wet stuff, etc.
- includes 8'x8' Turbo tent with A/C boot, A/C stand, 5,000 BTU fridgidaire A/C, 2000 Watt 4-stroke Champion generator
- swing-out tire carrier with spare tire.
- two REI comfort cots
- lock n' roll trailer hitch
- Rhino rack awning

This is a solid trailer, and I hate to get rid of it, but I just don't use it enough to justify keeping it around.

[/URL[URL=http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/huskyfargo/media/IMG_0053.jpg.html] [/URL[URL=http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/huskyfargo/media/IMG_0818.jpg.html] [/URL[URL=http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/huskyfargo/media/P1010657.jpg.html]

These are the only pictures I currently have. I'll be happy to provide more. The RTT is NOT included...it has already been sold. The pictures do NOT all represent the current setup.
I would really like to keep the LR3 wheels if possible, but will negotiate that with the buyer.

Last edited:

bigwapitijohnny

Adventurer
Wowzers...

Huskyfargo,
.​
Sorry to see this go! Someone is going to get a great trailer. What are you going to replace this with?...
.​
Free bump. GLWS
.​
Regards,
.​
BWJ

huskyfargo

Adventurer
Thanks BWJ!
Yes, it's a great trailer, and I've enjoyed it immensely. I've towed it to nearly all of the 48 Continental United States, and it has served me well.
Unfortunately, it still requires quite a bit of work to set everything up and take everything down, so I'm looking at the Cricket trailers. I know I won't be able to tow it into some of the tight, rugged spots the Sherpa has been, but the convenience will be super nice. It looks like, with a little time and ingenuity, I should be able to add a little bit of lift, some skids, and match up the wheels to my rover.

4fansofreedom

Price breakdown?

That looks like a nice Sherpa with gobs of high quality equipment to go with it. I was wondering, what value are you placing on the trailer, and what value for all of the extras? There are so many high quality items that it is easy to get lost trying to figure it all up. Many of us already have a lot of the extras.
-4Fans

Last edited:

Xrunner

Explorer
That looks like a nice Sherpa with gobs of high quality equipment to go with it. After doing some research I saw that someone sold a Sherpa II on here for around $3250 without any of the extras you have. I was wondering, what value are you placing on the trailer, and what value for all of the extras? There are so many high quality items that it is easy to get lost trying to figure it all up. Many of us already have a lot of the extras. If you break the prices down a bit you might get more interest.

-4Fans

You can usually find a fire sale price on any trailer that's currently for sale. From the $5,000 Conqueror's to the $4,000 AT Chaser bottom line is we've all missed out on some amazing deals in the past and a trailer is worth what a buyer is willing to pay at the current moment.

4Fans, are you asking if the seller is willing to break up the package or complaining about the price? If it's the later you might want to review the forum rules:

6. No disparaging remarks or chat over the asking price

huskyfargo

Adventurer
I believe the Sherpa that sold for a much lower price was one of Robert's first builds. He incorporated into this build many lessons he had learned over time; building better/stronger/lighter boxes, using higher quality moving parts, higher quality axles, etc. I payed quite a bit more for that learned quality, and then I went back to him for add-ons that made the trailer even more user friendly. After all was said and done, the asking price is basically what I payed for the empty trailer. Everything else is gratis because they're things that I've learned fit well in the trailer and make it easier and more fun to use.
That being said, I'm certainly open to reasonable offers.

4fansofreedom

You can usually find a fire sale price on any trailer that's currently for sale. From the $5,000 Conqueror's to the $4,000 AT Chaser bottom line is we've all missed out on some amazing deals in the past and a trailer is worth what a buyer is willing to pay at the current moment.

4Fans, are you asking if the seller is willing to break up the package or complaining about the price? If it's the later you might want to review the forum rules:

Many apologies if it seemed as though I was complaining about the price. I was trying to understand the value the seller was placing against the trailer since it was being sold with so many additional items. Huskyfargo's latest post did a good job explaining the price difference. I understand now that the trailer is actually valued by the seller at 11,500 and all of the additional items are just bonus. Sorry if I ruffled any feathers. It looks like a great trailer.

-4Fans

4fansofreedom

I edited my previous post to remove any remarks about price and once again, my apologies. I'm new at posting here. Classic noob fail.

-4Fans

huskyfargo

Adventurer
No problem. I don't have any ruffled feathers. I appreciate the opportunity to describe the quality products built by Robert at Outlander.
It's my understanding that Robert no longer builds trailers for the general public, as he was overwhelmed by orders for public service organizations. He has a great imagination and sense of usability, all based on his engineering background and his love for overlanding.

huskyfargo

Adventurer
I'll have to look at the specs, but it seems like the dry weight is around 800lbs, and the tongue weight is around 100. It's pretty light. Even loaded up I can pretty easily move it around by hand.
I have a few scepter water cans that I filled up and carried up top.
If I end up keeping it, I'll add a tank to the bottom. There's plenty of ground clearance and room to add a tank on the bottom.
I'll get more exact specs ASAP.

Xrunner

Explorer
No worries 4fans, if you're in the market for a trailer the Sherpa II's a great trailers and this one comes with a lot of high-quality extras!

gearguywb

Explorer
I am a bit confused as to the tent that is included and the A/C unit. Which tent is it? How does the AC work. Any further pics of how the unit is set up now and what comes with it, including the drawers, etc.?

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles