Built a rack for my '02 Dodge 1/2 ton

fastestz1000

Thanks for all the nice comments. My job and family keep me busy so I don't get a lot of time to work on it. I will post new picks when I get it fully welded.

OffGridCamper, I spent a lot of time sitting in my truck thinking about where I was going to mount the CB. That was the only logical place.

OffGridCamper

Observer
Same here, I just started a thread and I'm going to build a custom console that goes from the dash to the flip up console. I'm out of room for switches and I refuse to drill or cut holes in my dash, I'll be mounting up the ole' CB in it as well. Keep up the sweet mods on your truck, I'm seriously on the fence about a bumper, I would prefer to stay OEM and have a Power Wagon hidden winch mount for my 12K, but those are rare as hens teeth.

fastestz1000

So I finished the bumper a while back but have been too busy to update you guys. So here is an update. I finish welded everything, added lights and shackle points. I got a little warping on the ends of the bumper after welding but I expected it. It's not perfect but I'm happy with it.

Attachments

• IMG_3542.jpg
    IMG_3542.jpg
    578.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3538.jpg
    IMG_3538.jpg
    580.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3541.jpg
    IMG_3541.jpg
    547.5 KB · Views: 9

fastestz1000

Then I shot it with some Duplicolor bed liner. It's the same stuff I used on the rack and it holds up pretty well for the price. I like the non gloss textured finish. It matches well with my wheels.

Attachments

• IMG_3557.jpg
    IMG_3557.jpg
    541.1 KB · Views: 7

fastestz1000

And here is a glamor shot of the finished product. Like I said, it's not perfect but I am satisfied with the fact I built it from scratch and did not buy it.

Attachments

• IMG_3560.jpg
    IMG_3560.jpg
    557.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3561.jpg
    IMG_3561.jpg
    579.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3562.jpg
    IMG_3562.jpg
    585.2 KB · Views: 7

fastestz1000

I installed a Blue Sea auxiliary fuse block under the hood for current and future add-ons.

I also installed a 750 amp relay to turn power on and off to the winch.

I added switches to the interior with a small custom bracket. I initially was going to put a light bar on the front but chose not to. That switch will be replaced with the air compressor switch when I do that install. I left room on the bracket for more switches in the future.

Attachments

• IMG_3407.jpg
    IMG_3407.jpg
    566 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3405.jpg
    IMG_3405.jpg
    547.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3404.jpg
    IMG_3404.jpg
    532.3 KB · Views: 7

fastestz1000

So we currently are starting a re-model on the kitchen for the wife. After that is done, I plan on building a rear bumper with tire/fuel carrier to get free up bed space. Then I want to build an off road camp trailer with slide out kitchen, power, water, and a rooftop tent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier