What is the holy grail of camp cook books?

Honu

lost on the mainland
he got me to convert my cast iron to the GSI hard anodized !!!! best move I have made for cooking in dutch oven IMHO superior to cast iron in every way for camping :) no rust ever easier to clean up lighter etc.....

Hilldweller, would you be willing to post some recipes if you compile something?

I just purchased a GSI hard anodized d.o. myself. My tennis elbow can't handle the weight of the cast iron do. Heard good things about it. I seem to find misc. recipes online and print them out so I end up having just what I know I'd fix in a folder. My own cookbook.

Honu

lost on the mainland
one thing in another thread I think I mentioned here we have burn bans all the time learning how to use our DO with the camp chef hood thing :) very little info on that and learning a lot how to cook better with it

Dazrin

Adventurer
Had a thread a while ago got buried wanted it to be a sticky :)

But idea to have folks submit recipes and create our own cookbook from all our members favorites :)

Well, I just subscribed to that thread. I hope it takes off a little more and I hope I remember to contribute next time we make it out (which unfortunately looks like next year at this point.)

Honu

lost on the mainland
just posted this last weeks dutch oven meal we did in that thread :)

Well, I just subscribed to that thread. I hope it takes off a little more and I hope I remember to contribute next time we make it out (which unfortunately looks like next year at this point.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online