Air seat

kerry

Expedition Leader
If your seat gets fixed let me know. If I crank mine up far enough to stop bottoming out, I rebounds so hard it feels like an ejection seat. If Stratos had a US office, I'd be in touch with them.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
If your seat gets fixed let me know.
It's not actually the suspension mechanism that is at fault on my seat. The passenger's seat (which is the one that's gone back, again) has move than twice the play of the driver's seat. When I drive around without the missus, the seat rattles and bounces around and looks like it is just about ready to fall apart. If there was another approved suspension seat option here in Australia, I'd be using it.

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
This is something I'm looking into also. I've taken a look at the Nationals, and I'm probably going to visit Mastercraft to see what they can do. Might be possible to use Mastercraft with National air ride seat bases too.

Back when I had the 404.0, I ran Issringhausen air rides...no way that those would fit.

yabanja

Explorer
I was looking at Recaro seats with national bases. Have since decided to attempt to make it ride well enough without air seats. Otherwise the truck and camper will be beat to bits while me and my seat are in the lap of luxury. Hopefully this isn't overly optimistic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
I'm not familiar enough with the Fuso's bracketry to know whether this would work, but we have had, for a year or so, an aftermarket option to get a low profile air seat into a sprinter. Only 3" of vertical travel, but I've sat in them and they feel pretty good.

Sprinters mount their front seats on box-like metal seat supports, so the mounting surface is flat, so these seats are on a flat mounting plate . . . don't know if that's good for a Fuso or not.

http://sprinterstore.com/suspension_seat.htm

Sprinter seat.jpg

It doesn't look that "low profile" in the picture, but as most know, that's the way of air seats; it'll sink a lot with weight on it. Someone at the Sprinter Store can undoubtedly get you a "laden" seat height measurement.

kerry

Expedition Leader
I can't tell from the picture if that aftermarket Sprinter seat replaces the box assembly OE on the Sprinter or whether it bolts to the top of the box assembly. Do you know? If it bolts to the top, it might work for a Fuso.

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
Interesting...but looks pretty tall. Even though it'll sink, it's that upward hard stop when your head whacks the headliner.......

But since I'm in the market for some kind of suspension seat, I'll give them a call to see what's up. Thanks for the info!

IcedVolvo

Observer
You can get an ISRI air seat into a smaller NPS all legal and everything however you wont get change out of $4000+

This is not just as simple as fitting the seat, you need a "special" low profile seat, high tensile steel bracket etc etc followed by engineers certificate.

If you go to here http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...UZU-NPS-Camper-Suspension?p=522681#post522681 you can see the finished job, note the 900mm specified is from the normal seating position not in the deflated position.

yabanja

Explorer
National

You can buy just the suspension bases from national and then put whatever seat you want on them. (I was going to use Recaro's but am trying make the suspension supple enough to not require suspension seats)

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Has anyone used these?
The 4 inches of travel would be nice, BUT I tried modifying factory Mitsubishi Montero suspension seats (spring, not air) to work in my Fuso (about 3 inches of travel) and no way is there enough headroom unless you are an Oompa Loompa

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne