New to me, Greene fuso mods

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Congratulations.
It sure is already well sorted out with its previous travels.
A very nice rig! I hope to see it in person on day.
Happy trails

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018

Hey, thanks for posting these pics. By chance I was throwing some soundproofing into my own truck over the weekend and found them to be a handy reference. . I was looking at how your guys cut in around the rectangular holes for the side panels. Really simple. I haven't got to that part yet but am going to try to do the same.

This is the first time I've had a go at soundproofing myself. We've done a couple of trucks at work but I wasn't that involved. I went for Dynamat. Surprised how easy the product is to use but I under-estimated the quantity and ran out. Should get another box delivered in a day or so and finish off the roof and side panels.....looks like your guys joined the roof and the panel that holds the flouro light. I'll do the same.

image.jpg

BTW, I covered the engine hatch then went right over the hatch and down onto the floor. I figure the engine hatches are always hard to shut tight and you get a lot of noise and heat through the seal so I basically taped it closed. I figure its easier to flip the cab than lift the seat anyway so I made my engine hatch redundant.....or can still cut the tape if I change my mind down the track.

image.jpg

It was a lot to do under the dash properly but I think that big front flat panel was definitely worth doing. Even the harness was out which made it easier than having to work around it.......but can understand if anyone thought that would be too much work.

image.jpg

Thanks again for posting.

Regards John

Last edited:

Sagestone

Observer
Nice job John. The great work done by members really does inspire us all. Lots of work around dash area but agree that damping sound, resisting heat transfer, etc worth doing. Regards, Dean

GR8ADV

Explorer
Hey, thanks for posting these pics. By chance I was throwing some soundproofing into my own truck over the weekend and found them to be a handy reference. . I was looking at how your guys cut in around the rectangular holes for the side panels. Really simple. I haven't got to that part yet but am going to try to do the same.

This is the first time I've had a go at soundproofing myself. We've done a couple of trucks at work but I wasn't that involved. I went for Dynamat. Surprised how easy the product is to use but I under-estimated the quantity and ran out. Should get another box delivered in a day or so and finish off the roof and side panels.....looks like your guys joined the roof and the panel that holds the flouro light. I'll do the

Thanks again for posting.

Regards John
And you as well. Do you have any shots of how u did the door panels?

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
And you as well. Do you have any shots of how u did the door panels?

Well actually I haven't got that far yet. I should get some more Dynamat by mid week and will continue the job after that. If you want then I'll post pics of the finished job.

Are your guys saying the doors are too hard?

What's the brand of the soundproofing on yours?

Regards John

1aquaholic

Adventurer
I did my whole cab recently and as far as the little rectangular holes for the push tabs I just laid over them and then cam back with a razor knife and cut them out and was easy. For the doors I took everything apart and took the widows out then reached into the door and applied it to the out side skin, was tough to get it into some of the hard to reach corners but the results were great sound wise.

j

Attachments

• 20140119_095357.jpg
    20140119_095357.jpg
    531.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Sagestone

Observer
I did my whole cab recently and as far as the little rectangular holes for the push tabs I just laid over them and then cam back with a razor knife and cut them out and was easy. For the doors I took everything apart and took the widows out then reached into the door and applied it to the out side skin, was tough to get it into some of the hard to reach corners but the results were great sound wise.

j
Nice shot. Did the application block the all important water drains shown along the base of the door?

Sagestone

Observer
It sounds like most are in agreement with the benefits of covering as much of the interior as possible with Dynamat and/or Hushmat type material. Has anyone ever applied some sort of undercoating to the exposed metal areas seen in the fender wells when the FG cab is lifted? These areas look prone to road damage.

alan

Explorer
The spray on ute liner is great stuff for wheel arches etc

It sounds like most are in agreement with the benefits of covering as much of the interior as possible with Dynamat and/or Hushmat type material. Has anyone ever applied some sort of undercoating to the exposed metal areas seen in the fender wells when the FG cab is lifted? These areas look prone to road damage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier