Roamin Chariot Pop-Up

Airmonger

Adventurer
I just found a small Roamin Chariot and decided that price was too good to pass up. I have been wanting to get out of a RTT for that last couple years since the kids are getting bigger and I happened upon this thing while surfing Craigslist on Wednesday. I haven't heard much about them but they were made by a small operation in Spokane, Washington. It's supposed to be aluminum framed and very light weight.

Build Sheet

• Truck Mounts
  • Battery(maybe a dual battery for the truck), breaker, fuse panel
  • Lower bed for the kiddos
  • replace rear window
  • VersaTie tack kits for secure storage.

I was just test fitting the camper to the truck. Nevermind the cam straps they will be replaced by something else.

Last edited:

Airmonger

Adventurer
I made the mounts for the front of the camper. I used 3/8 steel flatbar with 3 inch tabs and 2200 lbs fasteners. A basic copy of what FWC uses. The bolts tie into the frame so I shouldn't have to worry about the composite bed.

rayct77

Observer
Did you pick that up in Bend, Or? I see there is one that looks identical on Craigslist right now. Looks great!

Airmonger

Adventurer
nice score,, can you post a couple pics of how the bed is set up?

I realize that there is the disadvantage of having this much of the camper behind the rear axle and the rear departure angle suffers. This is mostly going to be used on forest service roads and ski area parking lots.

As much as I wanted a FWC finch shell it would have been $10,000 with a heater and a few amenities and I would have had to wait another few years to afford one. I picked this up for $1900.

subterran

Adventurer
You have a nice looking camper there, sir. I'm not usually a fan of the wedge-shaped campers, but yours seems very well executed. You'll have much more room in there than a finch I'd say. Good score! :lurk:

Say, can we get a few more pix of the cabinets? I really dig the way they fit in that dinette seating - that looks very useful. It Looks like you have a fridge (or space for one) on one side, and maybe a sink (or space for one) on the other?

tanglefoot

ExPoseur
Agree, that's a really interesting camper. I always wondered about headroom in the bed but with the hardwall that tall, it might be just fine (and have plenty of room for bedding with the top down--I can't even fit a foam pad under the roof! I imagine there's lots of height at the back--8 feet or so?

Airmonger

Adventurer
Agree, that's a really interesting camper. I always wondered about headroom in the bed but with the hardwall that tall, it might be just fine (and have plenty of room for bedding with the top down--I can't even fit a foam pad under the roof! I imagine there's lots of height at the back--8 feet or so?

I would say 7.5 feet of head room in the back and maybe 2.5 feet of headroom when you on the bed and your head it towards the rear of the truck. Its plenty comfy for myself. Also I am stoked to have a place to stand up and get myself and the kids dressed. No more doing the RTT shimmy to get my undies on.

Airmonger

Adventurer
You have a nice looking camper there, sir. I'm not usually a fan of the wedge-shaped campers, but yours seems very well executed. You'll have much more room in there than a finch I'd say. Good score! :lurk:

Say, can we get a few more pix of the cabinets? I really dig the way they fit in that dinette seating - that looks very useful. It Looks like you have a fridge (or space for one) on one side, and maybe a sink (or space for one) on the other?

Thanks!

Here are a few photos of the cabinets.

I am going to cut a piece of 3/4 ply wood to fit behind the table when down so I can make a larger kids bed. I will also probably cut a piece of egg crate mattress and it should fit on top of the other mattress when its in storage.

RHINO

Expedition Leader
thanks for the bed pics, but i meant the interior one, LOL. imagine its similar to any other pop up, just curious about room with the wedge

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online