adding a snorkel to a 99 burb

firesq14

Observer
hello all,

i finally have decided to add a snorkel to my burb. i have seen many mounted on several burn and Tahoes. i will have to look for the landrover P# again but that is what i will be using. the question to all you who have installed one is, airflow. will it be to much or juuuuust right, meaning if it is to much or to little will there need to be an adjustment manually or will the computer do it automatically? once i am home from my .... desert sight seeing trip again, i will be ordering it.

thanks

also if anyone has the part # that would be gooood.

C.savard

elyon

I considered installing one on my k20 Suburban, 350 SB. I called the snorkel manufactures to find out how many CFM they flowed and no one knew! I decided not to do it. They are expensive. Too expensive for a hit or miss result in my book.

1stDeuce

Explorer
They can limit airflow at times, but the computer will compensate pretty well. Keep your factory air restriction indicator in place. If it pegs out in the red all the time, you know you have too much flow restriction. :) It would likely only be restrictive at very high RPM. How often you run the thing up past 4000RPM?

Or you could just bolt it to the fender to look the part, and leave the factory air intake alone. Or make it quickly detach and pull from the factory location most of the time if it's causing too much restriction in daily driving. :)

Last edited:

firesq14

Observer
thank you so far for your thoughts. i definitely like to have everything working and not just for looks. i still have a few months to make my decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles