The Woofwagon. Beginning pictures

Woofwagon

Adventurer
Pic from the swap meet today. Took a bunch of parts and 40 bottles of my home made glycerin soap to the meet. Sold 10 bottles and none of the parts. Oh well, the Woofwagon aka Suburbillac did its job wonderfully in moving all that gear plus tables to and from the meet.:wings:

Woofwagon.jpg

Woofwagon

Adventurer
I scored a completely rebuilt 825cfm Rochester QuadraJet for a 500 inch Cadillac at the swap meet for 180 bucks. New bushings, shafts, jets, floats, butterflies, the works. I always liked the spreadbore carbs, good economy at part throttle and all the power when you really needed through the massive secondaries.

superbuickguy

Explorer
nice score... I was admiring on the same table on Sunday... I'm surprised you didn't buy that spare 500 that was for sale. I didn't ask how much because the last thing I need is a "great deal" with no home for it.

Woofwagon

Adventurer
I didn't see that 500 there! I was on the look out for some stock exhaust manifolds but saw none. I did get a quote for balancing the engine for 185 bucks, guaranteed! :jumping::jumping:. The guy is local and works with several machine shops that I've done business with.

Woofwagon

Adventurer
I'm going to sell it. I'm keeping the TH400 for obvious reasons. The 350 has 100k on it. There is a puff of oil smoke when it starts, so that looks like valve stem seals to me. I'd like to keep the fuel pump in the tank, but I'm thinking that it will be too much fuel pressure for the Quadrajet. The swap won't happen till next year, probably in the spring as I'm going to do the Caddy rebuild very carefully and methodically. I want this engine to last a very very long time.

superbuickguy

Explorer
I didn't see that 500 there! I was on the look out for some stock exhaust manifolds but saw none. I did get a quote for balancing the engine for 185 bucks, guaranteed! :jumping::jumping:. The guy is local and works with several machine shops that I've done business with.

whatever you say, your next words shall not be Jim Green or Jim Green's Performance center. He said he knew how to put a girdle on a 455, I have the junk block (that he ruined) at my house if anyone wishes to see his shoddy work.

what machine shop?

the extra special part about Jim Green was he blamed my calipers (and the calipers of 3 other machine shops) when it was pointed out that he managed to shape the mains in a U pattern... frankly, I have no idea how anyone could be that incompetent - but he is... oh and even with all of that, I probably should sue him (but why bother, I'll just advertise for him) - he refused to refund the $1500 he was paid to do the work.

Woofwagon

Adventurer
I don't have his business card handy here, but he works primarily with Highlands East Machine shop in Renton. I plan to work with Pacific Auto Machine in Renton. They're top-notch and won't try to ******** me around. I've dealt with both machine shops and they know I'll check their work. What I like most about Pacific is that they keep a build card on all the engines they've built for the past 50 years. I was able to get the card for an engine that my friend had built there in the 1980's.

This guy I talked to only does engine balancing, no other work to the engine block. He leaves that up to the owner's machine shop of choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier