The Woofwagon. Beginning pictures

superbuickguy

Explorer
Then I got a screamin' deal on them from this auction as I got all three for 200 bucks.

I suspect I could get a screaming deal on the 6 pallets of them that's currently listed for auction on the 28th, but what would I do with 6 pallets of Pelican-type cases? worse, how much would they really cost by the time I took 1/2 a semi-trailer to ship them here from PA?

Woofwagon

Adventurer
Cadillac 500 and 14 bolt locker full floater.

Slowly accumulating upgrade parts for the Woofwagon (aka Suburballac). The Cadoo motor is going to be freshened up with redone heads, valves, RV cam and aluminum manifold. The 14 bolt FF will give me true 1 ton capacity and a locker in the rear. I'll work on a locker for the front 10 bolt later.

The plan is to redo the Cadoo over the fall and winter, assemble the motor and do the engine swap in the spring. I want to have the Woofwagon drivable this winter, got the heeby jeebies that we're going to have a nasty winter here in the upper left corner of the US.

14 FF Diff.jpg500 inches of awesome.jpg

johnson4x4

Observer
Good looking Burb, and killer deal. I plan to build my 91 1/2 ton about the same way. Looks like your not too far from me!

Woofwagon

Adventurer
Almost bought some property on Harstene Island down there. Then the economy took a dump in '01 and I was out of work living off saving and unenjoyment. It was a sweet piece of property too.

johnson4x4

Observer
Almost bought some property on Harstene Island down there. Then the economy took a dump in '01 and I was out of work living off saving and unenjoyment. It was a sweet piece of property too.
YA, Harstine is a nice area. Im down by the Little Skookum Inlet/ Taylor Town area. Good luck with the build! Its moving along a lot faster than mine.

Woofwagon

Adventurer
I am loving the Woofwagon!:wings:

I'm glad :D. I will try to keep up with the posts, however I'm working on a couple of other projects around the house and brewing biodiesel like mad to get things ready for the winter while the weather is still good.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
The idea of a Cadillac:drool: engine intrigues me. The idea of all the bottom end torque:Wow1: is something I could use.....:)

Woofwagon

Adventurer
This is an oil bath air cleaner NOS for a Ford F700 dump truck. I'm going to use this on the Caddy engine being transplanted into the Woofwagon. A snorkel will be installed next ala the Dante's Peak Suburban with appropriate routing hose to the air cleaner. I will have a precleaner in the snorkel as well. 30W oil is specified, but since I make biodiesel by the 55 gallon drum, I may be able to use biodiesel for the filtering fluid.

Air Filter  Oil Bath.jpg

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Wow:Wow1:now thats a cool idea. What are you using all that bio diesel for? Are you making a diesel earth roamer?:drool:

Woofwagon

Adventurer
I make biodiesel for my '01 Ford Powerstroke. I figure that biodiesel will work just as well, perhaps better than the 30W specified and be cheaper for me to obtain since I make it myself.

Woofwagon

Adventurer
I have a snorkel on order that will fit up kind of like the one from that cheesy Dante's Peak movie. The snorkel is meant for install on a Toyota FJ60 or is it FJ80?

Woofwagon

Adventurer
Since there are no schnorkels made for this year of suburban, I modified one meant for a Toyota FJ60 Land Cruiser. My friend Jon used a heat gun to soften the plastic enough while I applied the right pressure to get it to follow the angle of the door pillar.

Suburbillac Schnorkel.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94