Our New Fuso FG Build

dlh62c

Explorer
What kind of instability are you having?

The spring mounts allow the cargo body to separate, (lift off) the vehicle frame rails as the vehicle rolls over uneven terrain and the frame twists. There needs to be something in place to help guide the cargo body as it settles back down.

The spring mount design, or a combination of spring and rigid mounts, need to prevent shear forces on the spring mounting bolts. They also need to prevent the cargo body from shifting forward, backward and side-to-side on the frame rails while driving down the highway.

I hope that all made sense?

shear.jpg

topformslideoncamper2_zpsc14eabfd.jpg

Last edited:

david506th

Adventurer
Pucker factor five when our fabricator took it out to test his work (amazing and detailed) as well as the installation of our new Earthcruiser Radflo shocks

dlh62c

Explorer
Looks like a good stout build.

You'll have to tell us about your roof rack.

Did you take the Point 65 Mercury Tandem- Tridem modular kayak on your trip?

Last edited:

david506th

Adventurer
It's a combination corner protector and kayak rack, works well and is fairly light.

The picture above is hard to tell but a small child could walk under the truck and not hit their head, that mound is about 10ft tall total though the incline the truck is on is about 5ft with a dip so it flexes the entire suspension going up and down. When the truck went up and first hit that dip I was sure we were toast but the new EC shocks did those job

david506th

Adventurer
Finishing touches going on this week and road trip should start first of next week. It was amazing to hear the inverter power up and lights come on yesterday. Official start date was around October 2015 and interior construction on 21st of December. So a bit over 5 months to completion.

david506th

Adventurer
We left Saturday from Mobile, ALamd just pulled into a truck stop for the night on I40 in New Mexico. Everything is holding together so far and we are looking forward to Expo West.

Last edited:

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
We left Saturday from Mobile, ALamd just pulled into a truck stop for the night on I40 in New Mexico. Everything is holding together so far and we are looking forward to Expo West.

Terrific, enjoy the trip, and I'll probably stop by to bother you at the expo :D, but then again I pay in beer.

DzlToy

Explorer
EC sold you Radflo dampers for a non EC truck or did you buy them from Radflo?

Did you change to Betts springs also or retain the factory springs?

I won't make OvEx this year, but Alabama isn't too far from me :D

deathbywanderlust

Scientist/ Adventurer
We finally made updates to our blog... posted about 5 new posts covering the build, hiccups we've had recently, and what apps and devices we are running for navigation. So if interested check it out: https://year5xplorers.com/y5x-blog/

We are picking the truck up today and heading towards Moab and Southern Utah on Thursday. Kurt from Cruiser Outfitters gave us a lot of tips on trails so we have a pretty exciting route picked out for heading to overland which I will post in a few days. Hope some of ya'll will be at Overland Expo, would love to have a Fuso meet-up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior