Harbor freight off road sale

ikk

Adventurer
This may be interesting for some. HF is having discounts on some of there off-road stuff. Tow straps seem ok.

HTML:
http://view.harborfreightemail.com/?j=ff2c10787167&m=fe9512717066027874&ls=fe6315747067057b7017&l=ff9c1572&s=fe811d797360037477&jb=ff2f12717c64&ju=fe9716777d65007c74&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=3214a&utm_source=1010&cid=mEmail_s1010_c3214a&r=0

onemanarmy

Explorer
Wonder if they reduced the 9K winch a similar amount? Don't need the 12K pound, but I'd buy the 9K for $200 or so

sigo

A personal rule I live by is don't buy things from HF that can kill you. If a tool or piece of equipment is likely to hurt or kill me during routine use if it fails I won't buy it from HF. Of course that rule is subjective, but I decided long ago that saving a few bucks isn't worth serious injury or death.

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
They have those, been using them as tree savers and loaners for years. Seem to do all right. Upgrading HF stuff is the norm. With the winch I replace all the cabling with nylon rope. The power and grounds get newer high strand count cables and if needed an Albright solenoid. Warrenty is the best though! However you must be near one to take advantage, shipping can get pricy

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
A personal rule I live by is don't buy things from HF that can kill you. If a tool or piece of equipment is likely to hurt or kill me during routine use if it fails I won't buy it from HF. Of course that rule is subjective, but I decided long ago that saving a few bucks isn't worth serious injury or death.
Yep, I use the exact same rule.

HF tool bags, consumables, and air tools, generally fine.

HF jack stands? Not on my life.

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Only thing I've ever bought there is one of those 2-stroke generators. I asked if they had 2-stroke oil. The guy said yea and showed me an 8 oz. container - for 5 bucks! I told the guy, "Geez, you can get a 32 oz. quart of 2-stroke oil at the auto-parts store for the same price." He said that was all they had.

jhill15

Explorer
Harbor freight is great for renting tools...meaning buy them and return them after using them once cause they are gonna break soon. Thats doesnt go for everything bought at harbor freight. They have some awesome stuff tool bags, tarps, socket sets, any tool that is a solid piece of metal. More than on part and your pushing your luck lol. I have to agree with an above post with not buying anything from harbor freight that could cause injury or death if it fails. We have a harbor freight 3 miles from our house and I have more free screwdriver sets, multimeters, flashlights, and tape measurers than I know what to do with lol and a stack of 20% and freebee coupons in my truck.

upndown

Adventurer
Harbor freight is great for renting tools...meaning buy them and return them after using them once cause they are gonna break soon. Thats doesnt go for everything bought at harbor freight. They have some awesome stuff tool bags, tarps, socket sets, any tool that is a solid piece of metal. More than on part and your pushing your luck lol. I have to agree with an above post with not buying anything from harbor freight that could cause injury or death if it fails. We have a harbor freight 3 miles from our house and I have more free screwdriver sets, multimeters, flashlights, and tape measurers than I know what to do with lol and a stack of 20% and freebee coupons in my truck.

Take their Freebies, Abuse their return policy..Hmmm. If you don't like their products, Don't go there! Not everyone can afford Snap On prices.

jhill15

Explorer
Take their Freebies, Abuse their return policy..Hmmm. If you don't like their products, Don't go there! Not everyone can afford Snap On prices.
I think your misreading my post I wouldnt trust my life with thier products, and yes ive had more returns on products from harbor freight then any other tool suplier, I paid for them they break im gonna return them. 95% of my box wrenches and sockets have a Pittsburgh stamp on them so I dont think I can afford snap on. Take freebies? Hmmmmmmm yesss! Only the free stuff from harbor freight is with purchase only. So everytime I get a free screwdriver set...I bought something.

robert

Expedition Leader
Avoid anything that spins at high speed- i.e. wire wheels, grinding disc, etc. The Chinese are very generous with their rpm ratings and you really don't want something like a grinding disc coming apart at speed. I have had good luck with a set of their step drill bits but then I only use them on things like aluminum and plastic. Their small air brushes work pretty well too and they're cheap enough you can toss them if you forget and leave Duracoat or something in them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier