What did you use your Hi-Lift for today?

Yarjammer

Wellreadneck
On Saturday I used it with the wheel hook attachment to raise the front tires to put rocks underneath them to free up a high centered JKU in a rock garden. The "winches and throttle only" crowd finally gave in after they stalled out the winch and dragged the anchor vehicle backwards six feet.

TerryD

Adventurer
The safest thing you can ever do with one. Left it caged up and resting peacefully in the corner of the garage safely restrained from inflicting serious harm to those who would come within an unsafe distance (any) from it.

I recently used it to break down my Boggers so I could sell them. I still have all my teeth and most of my fingers....

craig333

Expedition Leader
Maybe I shouldn't mention I had a hydraulic jack balanced on top of the hi lift while undertaking above repair. I did lose it a couple times but as it wasn't actually lifting anything it just scared the dog.

Brewtus

Adventurer
WP_20140829_015.jpg

Pulled fence posts. Believe it or not, one of the darned things was concreted in so well that I pulled the post in half. Not like bent it til it cracked and then pushed it back and forth ripping and tearing at the fibers, just a straight up "POP!" and there were two pieces. No signs of rot or cross grain at the break. I was very impressed... design tensile strength of an incised 4x4 should be round about 5000 lbs. Unfortunately, no pics... so I guess it never happened... :(

Crom

Expo this, expo that, exp
View attachment 259524

Pulled fence posts. Believe it or not, one of the darned things was concreted in so well that I pulled the post in half. Not like bent it til it cracked and then pushed it back and forth ripping and tearing at the fibers, just a straight up "POP!" and there were two pieces. No signs of rot or cross grain at the break. I was very impressed... design tensile strength of an incised 4x4 should be round about 5000 lbs. Unfortunately, no pics... so I guess it never happened... :(
Holy *******!

kvyota

Last week I leveled my shed and yesterday I used it to align a gate. Handier for projects around the house I've found. :)

BillTex

Adventurer
I saw a Guy with Christmas lights hanging off his HL strapped to his (very clean) jeep...I think he had an axe up there too...

Umtaneum

Adventurer
That's funny, BillTex, I saw a similar setup in Federal Way Washington on Christmas Day. He had that Jeep lit up like crazy, multicolor lights on the spare, Hi Lift, and roof rack. Looked very festive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz