EugeneTheTJ's 2000 XJ Build Thread

Singlespeed92

Observer
Loving this so far,my friend,can't wait to see more. Sweet score on the tires! Interested to hear how 31's perform with 2.5" of lift (I'd always been told a general consensus of 31's go with 3" of lift,but no person experience with that on XJ's myself),thinking of going with a set of 30x9.5's or 31's on my '98 when my current tires wear (235/75-15" GY Wranglers) :)

uber

Observer
ran 32's on 2" of lift with minimal trimming. depends on what you're doing with it really.

nice score on the tires!

EugeneTheTJ

Tar Heel
Thanks yall. I definitely think usage is key. If this were a crawler build I'd have probably opted for closer to 3.5 inches of lift but I'm not planning on any serious flexing or off camber situations. I am loving the look and wish jeep had delivered them like this from the factory.

EugeneTheTJ

Tar Heel
I repeat my sentiment. This is how they should've come stock...
20140821_074045_zpsc7f05396.jpg

EugeneTheTJ

Tar Heel
Wrapped up the dog platform this morning. Legs were made from treated 2x4s wrapped in the same carpet as the platform itself.
20140823_092745_zps6fba46d3.jpg

In place. A shot of the underneath storage area. Plenty of space for human and dog snacks, water/food bowls, a first aid kit, and our daypacks.
20140823_093109_zps3cc678e7.jpg

Kid tested, father approved.
20140823_093320_zpsbdcd9b80.jpg

EugeneTheTJ

Tar Heel
What's an expedition rig without fantastic campsite gadgets?

Definitely the best mod yet. Perfect for camping and tailgating (which this Jeep will see a lot of). Go Heels!

IMG_20140907_100338_zpsfccbe8a5.jpg

EugeneTheTJ

Tar Heel
Just ordered a Bluetooth OBDII scanner to make the XJ a little more savvy. Its going to be nice to be able to monitor the vehicle's diagnostics more accurately. I am going to run it with my S4 for now and plan on adding a dedicated on-board tablet in the near future.

RiverRatXJ

Jeep looks good. I would replace those phillips screws for some rivets if you want to keep that bottle opener! GO PACK!

EugeneTheTJ

Tar Heel
Spring time! No seriously, I installed the replacement leaf packs today. They look much happier...

It gave me some more lift so I may have driveline vibes to deal with. Didn't take it for a test drive afterwards though so I'll just have to wait and see.

IMG_20150329_162451_zpsmusg9dve.jpg

20150329_161918_zpslzmnmrro.jpg

EugeneTheTJ

Tar Heel
My Samsung Galaxy Tab showed up yesterday. Nothing like a free tablet!

Plan is to use it as a dedicated in-vehicle tablet for diagnostics and GPS/mapping. I need to nail down the Ram Mount configuration and get that ordered.

Pinebarrensjeep

I did a dog platform last year but I removed the lower seat bottom. I also threw ontop a dense memory foam flat dog bed. Underside is all storage . Works great

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94