Red's deuce camper project

LowTech

Dirt Track Traveler
I'm thinking you're looking at the skids underneath, yes? If you are just know that they are alum and hollow.

red EOD veteran

Adventurer
6f7104ccafff43452d7002f42e723579.jpg

Here's the shelter

Capt Eddie

Adventurer
Have you thought about adding structural support to the plate directly under the winch. And add gussets to the mount bases. I see the winch bending the plate in the middle and the feet bending from the rear ward leverage of the pull.

red EOD veteran

Adventurer
Thanks.

Interesting the curves life throws at us. With the oilfield basically closed down the company I work for is closing its doors in a few months. A friend of mine in Washington state has convinced me to move up there. So sometime between April and June I will be moving up there.

Will be driving the deuce with the camper in the bed, loaded down with gear. Renting out my house here, will make a little extra money that way.

Baloo

"The Bear Necessities"
Sounds like a trip worth photo documenting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

red EOD veteran

Adventurer
Went on a camping trip to Big Bend last weekend with a few friends and picked up the trailer as well. Averaged 10mpg, great mix of mountains and flat terrain.

uploadfromtaptalk1425310454222.jpguploadfromtaptalk1425310507519.jpguploadfromtaptalk1425310536106.jpg

LowTech

Dirt Track Traveler
Haven't been here for a while, missed the shelter pic. Nice! Looks like it's in great shape.
I was thinking of getting one of those, thought about it way too long and hard, decided that an S280 would be better for me. I'll be real interested in seeing how you build it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles