Ultimate 2 car garage

T.Low

Expedition Leader
2 car ultimate garage for $75k? Can't do it. Too many interests and needs. We own a horse farm, so I have to at least have a large truck...and the horse trailer was $43k.

A simple paradigm shift will save you over $55k. Quit pampering them damn horses and make 'em earn their keep!

image.jpg

Or if those tender hoofs do need to be carted everywhere, sell the Jeep, truck, and trailer and get an Astro.

image.jpg

Glad I could help.:ylsmoke:

Cole

Expedition Leader
$75k/2 does not equal "dream garage"

$75k x1 maybe.......

Or $75k x 10 motorcycles and an old jeep

Hell, you can barely touch a cool old VW van for $75k (for dream like condition)

Maybe this thread should be "if you had to settle on only two cars and your budget was $75k"

Not saying you can't get some darn cool cars for less than $75k, but I wouldn't put them in the "Dream garage" category.

Two vehicle "dream garage" is like AEV 500HP Rubi 4 door Brute and Bugatti Veyon! $75k would be the yearly fuel budget!

T.Low

Expedition Leader
$75k/2 does not equal "dream garage"

$75k x1 maybe.......

Or $75k x 10 motorcycles and an old jeep

Hell, you can barely touch a cool old VW van for $75k (for dream like condition)

Maybe this thread should be "if you had to settle on only two cars and your budget was $75k"

Not saying you can't get some darn cool cars for less than $75k, but I wouldn't put them in the "Dream garage" category.

Two vehicle "dream garage" is like AEV 500HP Rubi 4 door Brute and Bugatti Veyon! $75k would be the yearly fuel budget!

See guys, this is an exercise, not a dream. It's easy to fill a dream garage, but an exercise to maximize your utils of satisfaction via two vehicles within a $75k budget constraint. For those already living with more vehicles and a bigger budget, it may even be more of an exercise . :ylsmoke:

Now get with the program and let's go. :)

Cole

Expedition Leader
Some of yall could take a lesson on humility. I mean damn.

Why? The title of the thread is "Ultimate two car garage"! What does humility have to do with what one dreams of being the ultimate?

Dreams are different than the ability to make them happen! Face it, for many "ultimate cars" cost more than $75k/2

This is like saying "what is your "Ultimate threesome"" and then limiting the choices to girls that work at the local bowling alley.

nely

Adventurer
Why? The title of the thread is "Ultimate two car garage"! What does humility have to do with what one dreams of being the ultimate?

Dreams are different than the ability to make them happen! Face it, for many "ultimate cars" cost more than $75k/2

This is like saying "what is your "Ultimate threesome"" and then limiting the choices to girls that work at the local bowling alley.

But the whole point was theres a 2 car garage and a 75k limit. No where does it say dream garage. The dream portion started in your post.

Did you read the original post?

Also its a Bugatti Veyron...

EugeneTheTJ

Tar Heel

But the whole point was theres a 2 car garage and a 75k limit. No where does it say dream garage. The dream portion started in your post.

Did you read the original post?

Also its a Bugatti Veyron...

What he said. The answer to your question of why is because y'all can't be happy with $75k to buy two sweet vehicles. This thread is meant to be fun, not to whine about how you want a $1M vehicle. Seriously... some peoples houses aren't even that much.

TeCKis300

Observer
Okay, I'm cheating here. A bit over budget. But not grossly so such that this combo is certainly attainable today with different examples of each in the used market.

This was my way to cover the broadest spectrum of capability and capacity along with outright speed and handling. Personal opinion, but I think it'd be hard to match the breadth of coverage represented here. And both fully practical for daily use no less.

'06 Lexus LX470 - 33's with hydraulic suspension to lift 2" or lower 2" on demand.
p1219790652-4.jpg

'03 911 Turbo - 650hp, 4wd, and traction enough to damage internal organs. O, and it still has back seats with a child seat so I can drop off my daughter daily.
p256939648-4.jpg

Just did a quick search and actually this combo is doable for $75k. ~$30k for the LX, and ~$45k for the 911

Last edited:

T.Low

Expedition Leader

You haven't seen the girls at our local alley! :coffeedrink:

C'mon Cantankerous Cole, most of us can't make Chicken Parmesan out of chicken **** the way you can!

ShortBusGeek

Adventurer
A simple paradigm shift will save you over $55k. Quit pampering them damn horses and make 'em earn their keep!

You'll notice I said the horse trailer brings in income. It and the F350 combined should net a roughly $1600 profit after expenses this month (fuel plus prorated oil change, tires, truck and trailer maintenance, etc.). We charge $1 per mile per horse for hauling, and it holds 4 large horses. Sometimes you have to spend money to make money. :)

ShortBusGeek

Adventurer
Some of yall could take a lesson on humility. I mean damn.

The thread title does say "ultimate". On a forum like this, you'll have people that come from a variety of backgrounds, so everyone has different versions of "ultimate". I'd love to have a Tesla Model S in my garage. Unfortunately, I can't get the one I want for less than $75k. :-/

Cole

Expedition Leader
You haven't seen the girls at our local alley! :coffeedrink:

C'mon Cantankerous Cole, most of us can't make Chicken Parmesan out of chicken **** the way you can!

As I'm sure you know, I *build* my rigs and do it with a budget. Years of doing this has left me with a fairly cool collection of cars for more sweat than cash.

But......with today's car prices $75k /2 just doesn't put me into "ultimate" category. Maybe $75k of random used deals and a bunch of labor :coffeedrink:

The problem for me is that even my dream cars cost too much as wrecks!:coffeedrink:

I want this van as a full Westy! But no way could I get it under $75k alone! Maybe with a few years of parts scrounging, deals and a ton of labor!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne