People always ask me why I stick with Ford.

LocoCoyote

World Citizen
So this commercial from 1985 isn't bragging? Nice front diff slam btw...

Anyway....what you drive is just a tool....it's how you drive it that matters.

superbuickguy

Explorer
There is nothing wrong with loving the blue oval.

I can think of a couple dozen. But they do have some pretty neat options. The new aluminum trucks have a pretty neat feature (beside the aluminum) - heated tailgates. So you don't freeze your hands when you push... see, Ford cares about its people. :wings:

Scott B.

SE Expedition Society
320,000 miles on a 4.0L and A4LD auto trans with absolutely no issues - that's a good reason for me!

east_tn_81

Adventurer
I can think of a couple dozen. But they do have some pretty neat options. The new aluminum trucks have a pretty neat feature (beside the aluminum) - heated tailgates. So you don't freeze your hands when you push... see, Ford cares about its people. :wings:

Oh I can come up with few for those jeeps and gm products that you seem to like.

Rot Box

Explorer
That video never gets old :D

My Ford NEVER has problems as long as it doesn't move from the driveway :eek:

Woofwagon

Adventurer
I have two Fords, never had a lick of trouble with them. The only reason I have the Suburban is that Ford never mass produced a 4 door 4WD wagon like the Suburban that I could get my hands on. Plus, GM parts are really easy to come by.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Uhm, Excursion.

Not even close. The Excursion is lethargic, heavy, and huge handling. Like a bus, compared to the 'burban 2500. I'd still rather have the Ford, but it ain't the same "feel" as the burb. No happy burb owner would be happy in the Ex. That's why the ex is gone but the burb lives on.
--------------------------------------------------------
I'm a Ford guy.
+almost always stouter drivetrain and 4x4 parts underneath
+almost always my favorite when I want to tow something
+darn good rustproofing
+best american built truck interior IMO.
+Jesus prefers manual hubs and xfer cases
-they make scary noises. And the scariest death rattles they save for when you're 10miles offroad. Sweating bullets thanks to weird noises way too far for a tow truck to go, is a sensation all Ford owners know well.
-KISS is not a Ford tradition with engines
-all those heavy duty parts.............are kinda heavy.
-6.0L IH, IH needs to stick to tractors.
-6.4L IH, just as bad.
-have to use loaded calipers every 100k miles. Don't bother with just pads and rotors. Calipers start to drag. Loaded Raybestos calipers are my favorites. Wagner rotors.

Dodge
+dirt cheap
+almost as good as Ford offroad
+Powerwagon
-goofy front axle disco things like a YJ.
-rustbuckets. There ain't no carbon in that sheet metal, just iron, rusty iron.
-weird interior ergos
-they killed off all thier techs by under paying on warranty. Mopar dealer service, yeah, good luck with that.
-New Cummins ain't an olde Cummins, that's for sure.
-5'ers love the low RPM/Throttle curve Cummins setting. Not.

Chevy
+fleet discount for the win!
+soft ride
+lightweight, quick steering
+good engines
+excellent fuel economy
+best shade of white ever
-soft ride is bounce city, shocks are actually just useless hollow tubes that look like shocks. Only there for show, they don't work.
-weird steering system, ackerman tire wear issues
-door jams fill up with ice, so you can't get the door open more than 4 inches, just enough to key on and lower the window so you can climb through the window.
-worst controls in the entire automotive industry
-interior falls apart
-mirrors are pure walleye vision
-mirrors fall off during hurricane season
-I'm expert at blowing IFS tie rods.
-Allison transmission, is like all Allison school bus trannys, absolute garbage.
-ac blower resistor plug tends to catch on fire
-light controller is a cylon (toaster style, not a 6, the 6's all prefer Ducati owners)
-traction control turns back on exactly before reaching the wheel speed needed to clear out your mud tires.

Ain't a truck out there that I haven't broken.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles