M105A2 Military Trailer

bigwavedv

Hi there. New posting here but not unfamiliar with EXPO or explorations and all that goes with it. I have for sale a very decent M105A2 trailer. Overall in nice condition. It includes the canopy bars but does not have a canopy canvas. Tailgate works great. Hitch is a pintle style and the hitch raising/lowering mechanism works well and is incredibly heavy duty though the handle has a bend in it. Small dent on the back about the size of a soft ball. Looks like it was backed into something. Has air brakes but I have not used them. They do not need to be activated to tow the trailer. Wiring has a 4 flat plug and is relatively new and the lights work. Overall very original and neat. Please contact me with any questions and see the pictures.

Trailer located in Platteville, Colorado (35 miles north of Denver)

Price: $1100

Thank you!

Dave

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 455
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 324
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 263
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 224
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 230
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 244

bigwavedv

Comments are welcome! Reviewing the underside picture it looks crusty like rust. It isn't- it has a coating and some leftover mud. Thanks for looking and sharing thoughts about these style trailers. Make offer! Thanks.

shogun

Adventurer
Somebody around here said this would eventually happen...

sorry, couldnt help myself. They are great trailers, but have no use around here.

Whats it worth? $500, maybe.

bigwavedv

Somebody around here said this would eventually happen...

sorry, couldnt help myself. They are great trailers, but have no use around here.

Whats it worth? $500, maybe.

What do you mean by "it would eventually happen"? Thanks for your insight. I am in Colorado so a bit different local.

shogun

Adventurer
20 years ago nobody wanted any of these mil trailers. Usually billy-bob got one or two because he lived near a drmo depot, then proceded to cut them up before using them as yard ornaments.

Then along comes this expo thing and suddenly everybody is willing to plunk down a K or more for a rusted out, cut up 1/4ton. When they dry up folks start looking for 3/4 ton, which is borderline for maybe a full-size pickup off-road. Now that they are drying up folks are looking at 1.5 ton, which is maybe, on a good day, a flat paved road risk with a full-size pickup with towing gears. These were intended to be pulled by 2.5 ton trucks. A few years back they were unsellable except for scrap value, maybe $500, because they just cant work with normal road vehicles. Dont get me wrong, these are great equipment, absolutely bomb-proof, and when the end comes, only cockroaches and 105s will remain.

Just because you can hook it up and make it go, doesnt mean it will work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior