SoCal Salvage Yard Report

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Many of us turn to the local junk yard to finds parts for our Monty's. I thought it would be helpful to post what we find in case others are looking also. One of my frustrations is that LKQ posts their inventory online, which is awesome, but they don't distinguish between the Montero and the Sport.

As of today, LKQ Anahiem has 6 Sports, and no full size in the yard. There is a nice green 97 SR with decent tires in the holding pen though. Soon as DMV clears it, it will hit the yard. Don't be fooled by the 97 in the listings though. It's a mislabeled Sport.

LKQ Stanton has nothing

Ecology Sante Fe has a red Gen 1 mostly intact, and a virgin White 97 SR that I opened up today. Front end damage, but nice Grey interior. Has the rear jump seats in perfect condition, and the rear locker. It also has some beefy metal side step sliders, but they are holding up the truck,do not sure how you'd get them.

I salvaged the transfer case shifter assembly and misc other bits. 3 other people where scoping it when I left her.

nckwltn

Explorer
..... a virgin White 97 SR that I opened up today. Front end damage, but nice Grey interior. Has the rear jump seats in perfect condition, and the rear locker. It also has some beefy metal side step sliders, but they are holding up the truck,do not sure how you'd get them.

Are they worth trying to get?

Seems like it might be possible to bring a jack and move the stands the thing is sitting on. Do they unbolt or could they be welded on?

luk4mud

Explorer
Nathan, I think you should just consider buying a whole donor vehicle from CL and parking it behind the garage. Marnie will support that approach, all woman see the wisdom in that.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Nathan, I think you should just consider buying a whole donor vehicle from CL and parking it behind the garage. Marnie will support that approach, all woman see the wisdom in that.

X2

limp_noodle

Adventurer
I actually need a few parts if you guys can get me some stuff? There's not a lot of yards around me and the closest good one is about an hour away.

If you guys could find me the following parts I'll be glad to pay for the parts + your time to pick them off. Plus if you're into craft beers I'll mail over some NJ brews :D

I need the following for my '98:

- Lower tailgate hinge
- cargo cover hook attachment. Looks like this:

nwoods

Expedition Leader
i have spare hinges - white. In good condition. They are HEAVY, shipping won't be cheap.

tyty13

Adventurer
pick a part Anaheim has 1 Sports, and 1997 ls full size in the yard.
pick a part Stanton has 1 gen 1 4door and 1 sport

raysobi

Adventurer
I
meba7y5y.jpg
y4ubape3.jpg

I'm looking for 2 of these plugs if anyone able to find these please pm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94