7K of USA

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
Bad luck with the Blazer. My 4wd always works great, knock on wood. Nice looking reg cab.

Last edited:

Colorado_Outback

Adventurer
So what is happening with this truck Mr Colorado?:Wow1:

Been driving it occasionally for work, other then that not much, trying to get it in the shop next month to get the motor pulled and get it going.

Other then work ive been spending most of my time converting the back half of the blazer into a camp trailer/ mini toy hauler for my dad.

20160220_165036 by colorado_baja, on Flickr

You can read more about the Trail(er) Blazer here:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/154481-Colorado_Outbacks-Trail(er)-Blazer

This truck WILL be 8.1 for this summers fun :)

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Yes I saw your trailer project. I now also understand why you kept the bulkhead where you did. You want room up from for storage of gear. Cool looking build and thanks for posting...:)

Colorado_Outback

Adventurer
Did some bartering with Larry recently and scored this pristine tilt, cruise manual trans steering column. With matching GM keys.
In theory I should be able to use the cruise unit from an early 90's 454 truck since im using a 454 mechanical throttle body on the 8.1 :)

Right after I first got this truck it quit starting on me, the PO had removed the lock cyl and did who knows what else in there. So my short term solution was to get a complete auto column from the yard and throw it in, its been working well but this will be sweeettt :smiley_drive:

20160306_130752 by colorado_baja, on Flickr

20160306_130805 by colorado_baja, on Flickr

Colorado_Outback

Adventurer
As soon as we finish up my dads trailer it'll free up the shop and ill get this party started.

Got everything but the power steering pump mocked up, ill be reusing the one on my 5.7L.

20160401_082449 by colorado_baja, on Flickr

I also pulled everything out and did an inventory, I'm sure i'm still missing something.

20160401_202247 by colorado_baja, on Flickr

EDIT: Knew I was missing some stuff.. Just found the other box with harness, ecu, ecu mount, radiator hoses and some other odds and ends.

Last edited:

njtacoma

Explorer
I looked at the 2 pictures and thought "that doesn't seem like enough little silver boxes or wires" and than read your edit about the ecu and harness

Looking forward to seeing this come together!

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
I am also looking forward to seeing :drool:this project come together Mr Colorado. Is Larry going to be helping you with this one:)

Colorado_Outback

Adventurer
Is Larry going to be helping you with this one:)

Larry is always gracious answering my questions, we have collaborated on some projects lately but I cant spill the beans on that. You'll have to stay tuned to his K10 thread to see the details on that :Wow1:

I found a dual battery setup in a 98 K1500 at the yard today, so I snagged the Ecu mount, battery tray, washer bottle and my driver inner fender is damaged so I got that too.

20160402_102507 by colorado_baja, on Flickr

I was hoping that my 8.1 ecu would fit the GMT400 bracket with out too much trouble, unfortunately that wasn't the case. The over all depth is too shallow and the bail wont hold the ecu in place.

20160402_131720 by colorado_baja, on Flickr

I had this GMT800 bracket that I took out of something at the yard a couple months ago as you can see it mounts very different from the GMT400 bracket so I set out to combine the two.

20160402_131736 by colorado_baja, on Flickr

I cut the top off the GMT400 bracket and the bottom off the GMT800 bracket and screwed them together with some cap head torx I had laying around.

20160402_153924 by colorado_baja, on Flickr

20160402_155644 by colorado_baja, on Flickr

Over all its about a half inch taller then the GMT400 bracket but using my eyeball tape measure it looks like it'll all clear.

20160402_155856 by colorado_baja, on Flickr

Sure I could have bought a Workhorse ECU mount like Larry went with or a custom one but what fun is that when you can go to the junk yard and find some GM legos that will work. Not only will my ecu mount look factory-ish (I'm kinda a nerd in that respect) but now I can run dual battery's :D

Last edited:

Colorado_Outback

Adventurer
Still diggin these adventures...:)

Sadly I haven't been on anything that would qualify as an adventure in months.. Work and family have been keeping me extra busy (like always haha).

Everyone wants their parts welded in the spring/summer..

20160502_115216 by colorado_baja, on Flickr

And of course my least favorite spring activity.. landscaping.. haha.

About 2000 lbs of concrete blocks.
20160424_105600 by colorado_baja, on Flickr

Around 2500lbs of dirt

20160514_145109 by colorado_baja, on Flickr

We also got a new addition to the family a couple weeks ago, an 8wk old German Shepard puppy named Axle

20160509_164102 by colorado_baja, on Flickr

Wishing I was headed to EXPO west this week, ill have to enjoy all the pics online.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior