Followed me home today

ikk

Adventurer
00707_dIU1fMiq6SA_600x450.jpgAfter some months of looking on CL as well as online forums I found this Ziemen 4x6 heavy duty trailer
Followed like a dream. Even came with a hand break. :wings:
image.jpg image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:

Wildcat

Adventurer
nice. it even has 6 lug hubs. will they match the expedition?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ikk

Adventurer
So I took a picture of the data plateP1020492.jpg

Not sure of the bolt pattern yet. it was latter in the evening and by the time I got home it was dark. Not to worried as I will be trading in my Expy for a Jeep Grand Diesel this fall. So I will probably change the lug pattern to match the Jeep.

The height of the sides are 16" I may raise it a bit. I do want a locking top so I may just incorporate the extra height into the top, not sure yet. Since it has a handbrake I need to see if I can install electric brakes which shouldn't be a problem. I do see a lose cable which I need to follow to see where it goes. I plan on installing nerf bars along the sides as well as adding a box upfront for the battery and solar charging as I already have a 70 watt foldable panel. Needs paint so that is in the future.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Nice find. Plenty of wheel room, large tonge for a box, electric and propane.
Build a higher lid and she is ready to go.

ikk

Adventurer
Noob question here! I see this cable the owner was unaware as for what it was for. It looks to be going to the brakes. Where should this go in order to be working. I hope it is so I can have the brakes work from the car.IMG_20140811_105644.jpg

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
That is a hydralic brake line that originally ran from a Surge Brake activator with Lunette ring.
It is gone and now you have a ball coupler.

ikk

Adventurer
So only way to reactivate this would be to reinstall a lunette ring? Is that possible. I was looking into installing a Max Coupler.

Whtshos

Observer
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/att...986-surge-brakes-trailer-bit-clunky-tow_2.jpg
It appears you have plenty of options for surge brakes if you want. The above is just from a quick search.
Another bolt on option from another search.
http://www.wholesalemarine.com/trai...-brakes.html?gclid=CLmgnZr5i8ACFSgV7AodCXIAFg

I personally am not a huge fan, but my experiance is from bigger trucks with bigger trailers. Better than no brakes, but take getting used to.
Think backing up a bad turn-around with a loaded trailer and now your PM has to push locked brakes up the hill.

Dig the trailer, those are some heavy stats on that plate. WOW

ikk

Adventurer
Yeah, I was surprised as well on the stats. The thing feels like it was built like a tank. As for the brakes I am looking at all my options. It is only a 4x6 so its not like the 26 foot toy hauler I use to have. I really didn't want to convert to electric and lose the handbrake. I may just keep it like it is for now. look at the options down the road after I do my other mods.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94