kiwi build thread. ARB, OME Dakar...drawers + fridge underway.

richard310

pew pew
Sliders ordered... :p. Sent pm to boulder ironwork about a rear bumper....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm actually heading up there Sept 4-9 pending work time-off request. I'll be possibly picking up sliders in CO as well and if you want, I can pick up/drop off the bumper for you if it's done by then and if they'll allow that. I'm also possibly visiting a friend in SF on the way back so it's no problem.

KiwiKurt

Explorer
I'm actually heading up there Sept 4-9 pending work time-off request. I'll be possibly picking up sliders in CO as well and if you want, I can pick up/drop off the bumper for you if it's done by then and if they'll allow that. I'm also possibly visiting a friend in SF on the way back so it's no problem.

awesome....ill let you know if they get back to me soon.

KiwiKurt

Explorer
Just had the XTerra measured for drawers/fridge slide....

Colorado company never got back to me. Went with the MaxTerra rear bumper. 25w LED reverse lights, and removable bolt on jerry can carrier. 6-8 week delivery time frame....should make it on for my DV trip. Fridge arrived last week. Lift, sliders, and bumper should be at MudRak soon too.....its coming together.

Last edited:

richard310

pew pew
Eager as well to see the final setup! Hopefully we'll cross paths on the DV trip and I get to see it in person.

steve c

Adventurer
Subbed for updates on the drawers.
Make sure to post some pics of the other mods as well.

Between you working with the drawer company and Toro working with Front Runner to get us another roof rack option, the Xterra aftermarket is lookin' up!

KiwiKurt

Explorer
Hey guys. Just met with TrekBoxx again yesterday. Design is complete....again, lightweight was my driving factor for the design, and Trekboxx has delivered. We are **GUESSTIMATING** based on design changes that the weight of this system will be about HALF of what the landcruiser model weighs. And this is retaining locking slides, locking main drawer, full functionality, etc etc.

We start fabrication on Monday. It wont get completed then, because we need to make sure fitment is correct. I will have photo updates next week.

ARB bumper and OME Dakar HD lift getting installed Thurs and Friday. Maxterra rear bumper should be here soon.

Last edited:

skibum315

Explorer
Thanks for the updates! I'm glad to hear the positive news ... sounds like a great option potentially, and I've been thinking about how I'd like to revamp the storage area of the Xterra ...

....again, lightweight was my driving factor for the design, and Trekboxx has delivered. We are **GUESSTIMATING** based on design changes that the weight of this system will be about HALF of what the landcruiser model weighs.
So where does that put this model, then? Looks like I'm seeing the LC model at ~200lbs, so we'd be ~100? May have to add this to the Christmas list ...

KiwiKurt

Explorer
probably somewhere in that range. If I remember, I'll try to get a weight on it. I don't want to go quoting numbers until I have something measured. It's just a guesstimate based on the amount of material we are shorting from the LC version.

Last edited:

KiwiKurt

Explorer
Not with the drawer system installed. There is no way to secure the drawer system to the frame of the vehicle and maintain use of it. When the drawer system is removed from the trunk, then yes.....

I suppose if you absolutely needed the space for smuggling or something...you could put the drawer system on slides in the utilitrack, but that would add a ton of weight.....

(joking....)

Last edited:

KiwiKurt

Explorer
just got word my rear bumper is underway at maxterra. shouldnt be much longer.

now if i can just find someone with a '13 pro4x to trade wheels.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior