100 rear lower control arms.

zimm

Expedition Leader
actually less, BUT, the way they are designed, theres about zero chance of getting hung up at the axle tube mount.

basically the two arguments are

1) avoid the object by curving the arm and letting the tire hit first. keep in mind, this ONLY works on a ledge or an object that will actually hit the tire and give you a little lift before it gets to the mount. in my case last week, i was too wide to take a line that would do that and riding the rail was it. it could also expose the drive shaft more, but in most cases, what will nail a shaft with straight arms, will nail a shaft with curved. higher is rarely a bad thing.

2) make it a slider. slee and ome do this, but their solid shafts dont have much diameter, and weld to the middle of the eye, meaning there will be something to catch. the MT arms use a large tube offset so when you ride the object, its between it and the mount. in my opinion, its a superior way to design it a slider. making the tube arm tangent to the bushing tube, was a great idea. i dont see any downside.

at 325.00 with mounting kit, and the ability to correct the pinion by rotating the johnny joint, it was a no brainer.

Last edited:

fireball

Explorer
Great info Zimm, please follow up once you get them installed and put them through their paces at the local shopping mall parking lot :)

Going to VORW this year? maybe I can take a peak at them then.

zimm

Expedition Leader
Great info Zimm, please follow up once you get them installed and put them through their paces at the local shopping mall parking lot :)

Going to VORW this year? maybe I can take a peak at them then.

im closing on a camp in ohiopyle i need to get ready for winter, and im doing 10 days in paris in september. i'm gonna be busy, so, i only see me making it up if it looks interesting.

zimm

Expedition Leader
i removed the sway bars and the rear rubber helpers long ago. with the 2.5" lift and 33's i could twist from stock bump stop to shock limit rather easily. in this application i dont think the johnny joint is doing much. i liked it because its threaded in and i can get the 1/4" extra to reset the pinion angle.

zimm

Expedition Leader
I didn't say that it would give you more articulation, I said it would free up movement...

i understand. with a 2.5 inch lift and heavy load springs, i hit stock bumpstops and max droop in the rear without lifting a tire on the ifs. i do not run swaybars front or rear. i dont think the geometry on the 100 is really capable of taking advantage of johnny joints. my rear tires stay well planted, i cant describe the stock bushings as binding at all, and with the 35's my bumpstops are now an inch lower.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior