100 rear lower control arms.

zimm

Expedition Leader
theres the slee 27.5 mm straight solid
the Ajik unknown dia straight solid
and the Wild West .25x1.75 DOM arched.

the cheapest are the slee at 300, and the others with bushings around 425.

i cant seem to make up my mind, if the arch is worth it. the solids cant be dented, but i doubt .25 dom will be either.

all in all it seems like a driveshaft exposure vs clearance argument.

any opines?

fireball

Explorer
I think there are also OME versions. Cruiseroutfitters can tell you more, but I believe that Kurt posted up here about installing a set on his 100.

OME 100 Series Heavy Duty Lower Control Arms
Fits 1998-2007 100 Series - Part# OMELTA3043 - $366.50

zimm

Expedition Leader
Why not sleeve your existing control arms for a fraction of the cost?

i have the material on hand, but its not worth the time to rebend them back again. at 180,000 miles, for 300 with bushings, why go thru the hassle of modifying an inferior part.

unsuccessfully trying to avoid body damage i had to use them as a slider. i want something out of the way, or made from bar stock.

concretejungle

Adventurer
I was looking at the bent rear control arms as an upgrade, mostly because i had in my mind high clearance like my little RC crawler with it's bent links. Then, the more i looked at it, it would then make the driveshaft the lowest point. So, i personally decided to keep the straight links.

I'm in a similar boat because i would prefer to just sleeve mine, but they are bent and the stock that is used to sleeve them is a precise fit. The slightest bend in my control arm and i can't get the stock to slide over it. So..... not sure what i'm going to do. To be honest because of the lift, i think i'm going to buy two solid sticks and just weld up a set of arms.... i think.

Also, i did see the slee solid arms at cruise moab. At first i was laughing because of how small they were, but slee and his guys swore by the strength, so i stopped laughing.

zimm

Expedition Leader
I was looking at the bent rear control arms as an upgrade, mostly because i had in my mind high clearance like my little RC crawler with it's bent links. Then, the more i looked at it, it would then make the driveshaft the lowest point. So, i personally decided to keep the straight links.

I'm in a similar boat because i would prefer to just sleeve mine, but they are bent and the stock that is used to sleeve them is a precise fit. The slightest bend in my control arm and i can't get the stock to slide over it. So..... not sure what i'm going to do. To be honest because of the lift, i think i'm going to buy two solid sticks and just weld up a set of arms.... i think.

Also, i did see the slee solid arms at cruise moab. At first i was laughing because of how small they were, but slee and his guys swore by the strength, so i stopped laughing.

they are 1-1/16th solid bar, so a permanent deforming is unlikely, unless its some soft steel. 1 3/4 x .25 tubes will be more ridged due to diameter, but not necessarily stronger when force is applied unevenly to a point in the middle, such as slamming on a big rock.

ive only barber poled the rear shaft once whereas i did both control arms again. when i did the shaft, the arms werent even touched. the narrow eastern gullys that limit wide body trucks lines, combined with pointy rocks gets me every time. i slid off off one, not only bending the arm, but mashing a tail light.

i think i just answered my own question. thick curved bars, and a sleeved driveshaft tube. if it gets scraped, its a mere re-balance instead of a re-tube.

Last edited:

zimm

Expedition Leader
thanks.

another option. johnny joint and they look adjustable, designed as a slider it seems.

650 may be steep for a set of arms, but if the options are useful.....

i guess ill have to sleep on it.

i emailed ajik to inquire as to the bar material, diameter and if they recommended the normal or extended for a 2.5 inch lift. didnt hear back.

zimm

Expedition Leader

fireball

Explorer
The MT offset arms don't give as much clearance as the WWOR ones, correct? You thought the trade-off was worth it?

I haven't bashed my OEM ones yet, but am itching to do so :)

CreeperSleeper

Looking for bigger rocks.
Correct, the MT arms aren't as much clearance but will free up some movement. There are arguments both ways as to what is better...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier