1982 FJ40 with Horizon Adventure Trailer and RTT

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
FJ40 SOLD!! Horizon Adventure Trailer available....

1982 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 WITH Horizon Adventure Trailer
1/30/15 - Price reduced to $39,500 Mileage: 207,000

attachment.php

The Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 is truly an icon of off-road adventure travel.

This 1982 FJ40 features the original 4.2 liter, 135 hp 2F engine, and factory carburetor.

From the tame back country of Arizona's forests and deserts, to El Camino del Diablo along the Arizona-Mexico border, and the Pyeatt Draw in Central Arizona, this vehicle can and has tackled many of the southwest's most challenging off-road trails.

Basic specifications:

• 4,228 CC Water-Cooled, OHV, 12- Valve, Inline 6-Cylinder Engine
• Single Aisin Carburetor
• Rated at 135 HP and 210 LBS./FT of Torque
• 4-Speed Manual Transmission, 2-Speed Transfer Case, 4-Wheel Drive
• Front Servo-Assisted Disc Brakes with Rear Drums
• Live Front-Axle Front Suspension with Semi-Elliptical Springs and Tubular Shock Absorbers
• Live Semi-Floating Rear Axle with Semi-Elliptical Springs and Tubular Shock Absorbers

After acquiring this vehicle in 2005, it was restored to a nearly factory engine, with restored pollution control system and exhaust, factory carburetor, new transfer case gears, and a host of other modifications:

• Warn 8274-50 winch
• HFS-8274 shackled front bumper, 3/8” steel, from Cool Cruisers of Texas with added Aussie grill/brush guard
• Old Man Emu springs & steering dampener
• Warn heavy duty locking hubs
• Kaymar rear bumper with fuel and tire racks
• Man-a-Fre reversal shackles
• 4.56 differentials front and rear
• Mark's Adapters Gearmaster Low Range Transfer case gears, 2.82:1, with 0.92:1 overdrive
• ARB air lockers front and rear
• 33" BFG mud terrain tires
• Dual batteries w/Optima Yellow Top secondary and a Hellroaring Technologies battery isolator/combiner for the three batteries in the vehicle and trailer
• Custom locking drawer/storage unit in back (also holds/hides the Optima secondary)
• Yaesu FT-8800 ham radio with remote-head mount
• 55”Comet SBB-7 antenna
• Cobra 40 channel CB radio
• Apple Mac Mini in the glove box with a touch screen monitor mounted at the roofline, above the rear-view mirror; provides GPS mapping on a high resolution 7” screen, not to mention full computer and CD/DVD capabilities
• Alarm system

The Adventure Trailers (AT) “Horizon” was purchased new in December 2005. It has:
• Heavy duty 14 gauge steel laser cut chassis, powder coated plus corrosion protection
• Side protection bars
• 2” Receiver type tongue and 2” rear accessory/recovery receiver for accessories up to 150 lbs
• Lock and Roll multi-axis coupler for articulated travel on & off pavement, D.O.T. & S.A.E. J684 tested
• Stainless steel hinges and latches throughout
• Gas strut assisted cargo lid
• Interior cargo tie down points
• Cargo floor rubber mat
• D.O.T. compliant LED lighting and reflectors
• AT Roof Rack and a Maggiolina Airland rooftop tent
• Standard textured black chassis and suspension, high reflective white body components
• The wheels and tires match the FJ40.
• Electric brakes.

The AT Kitchen fits conveniently into the passenger side box, and utilizes a high output 2 burner stove on a slide mechanism. A removable cutting board is built into the door, and the space within the box provides for storage of cutlery, crockery, kitchenware, spices, coffee presses, and other essentials.

A 6′ x 6′ Fiamma awning is mounted on the top of the passenger side box above the kitchen area via height adjustable supports. The awning is completely self-contained within an aluminum clamshell tube.

A fridge tray (sized for an Engel/ARB 45) is installed inside the main cargo box, mounted on a full slide out tray, allowing the fridge to be pulled out over the tail gate for easy access. Traveling with the fridge inside the main box protects it from the harsh off road environment outside. A 12-volt power port supplies power inside the cargo box.

The mid-section of the Horizon trailer tongue has a built in skid plate and is used to house the 19 gallon water tank made from food grade plastic (BPA free).

The space in front of the water tank is fitted with two 5-gallon/20 liter fuel or water cans and holders.

A large nose box is fitted at the front of the tongue and houses a deep cycle battery, battery chargers, solar controllers, inverters, 12 volt outlet, or just extra storage.

This is not a mall cruiser!

$45,000. Mileage: 207,000

Contact Ed Beggy at: daktaried@powerc.net

safari.gif

Additional links and information:

Online images: https://www.flickr.com/photos/daktaried/sets/72157645158000120/

It's the cover vehicle for the Expedition Portal video, “El Camino del Diablo.”

The 2005and 2006 Expedition Trophy Technical Driving Champion

Pyeatt Draw story: http://expeditionportal.com/pyeatt-draw/

To see action photos of this vehicle with trailer, watch the slideshow at: http://adventuretrailers.com/trailers/horizon/

Attachments

• IMG_9038.jpg
    IMG_9038.jpg
    530.5 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_9038small.jpg
    IMG_9038small.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 2,652
Last edited:

gjackson

FRGS
Say it 'ain't so Ed!

To all: this is one of the best, most iconic Overland trucks out there. Great stuff.

Good luck with the sale.

Cheers

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I have seen and run with this vehicle and owner....no one will get a better deal from a better guy.
Good luck with the sale Ed!!

DaktariEd

Always loved that FJ. Soooo nice. By the way, does the price include the trailer? GLWS.

KD

Yes, the price is for both the FJ40 and the Horizon Adventure trailer...
(and , thanks, Lance!)
safari.gif

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Ed, that is an amazing vehicle. I am not in the market, but I am curious about the Mac Mini set up. It's not in your posted Flickr gallery, can you post a few photos of that, and the screen set up?

Thsnks,

NW

DaktariEd

Ed, that is an amazing vehicle. I am not in the market, but I am curious about the Mac Mini set up. It's not in your posted Flickr gallery, can you post a few photos of that, and the screen set up?

Thsnks,

NW

I think this thread might have some info.
When I get back to my desktop computer I'll see if I can find anything else...

safari.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94