Trans America Trail in a stock Suzuki Samurai Tin top

MikeCG

Adventurer
But the official start is in TN (Tellico)? Has a section been added?

The original TAT starts in TN. Other people have added a route that runs from New York State down to TN. There is also an alternate west end. Instead of going up to Oregan, you can cut south past Las Vegas and run to Los Angles.

Scott Brady

Founder
Love the tin top. Good work. Proof the vehicle does not need to big or expensive for an incredible adventure!

photo-1-8.jpg

utherjorge

Observer
Is there a good website to see simply what the route is south out of New York? My Google-**** is weak, and I couldn't find anything but a store to buy maps.

houndofmeath

Observer
Thats the one! ^ I still would recommend buying the real maps from Sam though for the rest. Theres a lot more to them, and supporting it is always great. So we ran over a railroad spike while traveling on an old railroad grade in oregon. Don't wanna travel without another spare considering my luck so we're holed up a day. Gives us plenty of time to add to the blog! Yay!

jrnottarts

Great read! How many miles did you cover per day? We are looking to do OK to OR but have no idea how much time it will take. Most of the estimates I've found are for motorcycles. :/

Hondarider

Adventurer
Colorful prose...improbable vehicle...breathtaking photos. All the ingredients of an outstanding trip report. I'm jealous. Thanks for sharing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles