Trans America Trail in a stock Suzuki Samurai Tin top

haven

Expedition Leader
Since the Samurai is only slightly larger than a side by side ATV, you shouldn't have problems with the route. Post up here from time to time to remind us to check your blog.

houndofmeath

Observer
The first portion is pretty good, we're getting to a point now that is nothing but paved farm roads though. we're about a third of the way through Tennessee now. An update about tennessee will be available tomorrow, today there will be an update about a side trip to north carolina!

www.arrowswest.com

zzz150

Adventurer
sweet little rig for a trip! almost like backpacking with all the storage room in there :) but nevertheless i would love to own a sweet little sammi lwb for serious offroad adventures, with toyota running gear of course.... have a blast!!

houndofmeath

Observer
So we're into our second day in Mississippi. So far this state has been a game changer with how little pavement we've driven on. Lots of logging trails. Encountered a couple logging trucks on the back roads too. Had to drive straight into the brush just so they can pass me. Then riding on the roads they came down is a mess, those trucks destroy dirt roads, turn them into pits of sand and big trenches. Been fun though. We'll update with a blog when we can.

WanderingJim

"It's not the heat, it's the humidity." That's not just another saying, here in Mississippi, it's the truth. I must say though, this has been a comparatively mild summer.

Verbal

Its awesome that you're making the trek in a Tintop! I've always had a love for Zuks. I just did the section from Virginia to Tennessee in my Cherokee, I wish I could've ran the whole trail!

Octotat

Observer
Its awesome that you're making the trek in a Tintop! I've always had a love for Zuks. I just did the section from Virginia to Tennessee in my Cherokee, I wish I could've ran the whole trail!

But the official start is in TN (Tellico)? Has a section been added?

houndofmeath

Observer
There was a free website we found that has the whole thing listed plus extra routes to the main route. We paid for the main route, but used the extra one from nyc to get to Tellico. It's well done

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles