Options for adding a spare tire swingout to an existing plate bumper?

All-Pro Offroad

Supporting Sponsor - All-Pro Offroad
We are actually working on a dual swing out rear bumper right now.

As we get closer to the first prototype we will be making a new thread with more details.

Cheers!

pnorvell

Adventurer
We are actually working on a dual swing out rear bumper right now.

As we get closer to the first prototype we will be making a new thread with more details.

Cheers!

Is this something that could be added to an existing Allpro rear bumper? Very interested in hearing more about this!

DaVikes

Adventurer
I also have your standard bumper and would be very interested in some kind of kit to add a swingout or two.

shibubba

I have been extremely disappointed with my CBI bumper, the design is OK...just OK.

I have cut out the spindle they use and will be making a double shear spindle work. After one Canadian winter, the spindle is pitted beyond repair, I followed all instructions to keep it clean and lubed.

They also didnt weld the bumper in a jig and it is bowed about a half inch and does not sit straight. And in my opinion the swing out arm design is flimsy and wayyy too far from the tailgate. I understand it is good incase of being rear ended or if you weant to put a table on the arm but it looks terrible and is easily bent. The corner of the plate bumper that the arm is mounted to was not supported at all and after about 10 tens opening the arm, it dented my box and removed some paint. Had to make a support from the corner to the frame to support it.

You, I think there would be a market for some sort of bolt on swing arm attachment for the OEM bumper. I've been wondering about dual swing outs with hidden support in the bumper.

paranoid56

Adventurer
i think nobody makes that as the OEM bumper is **** when it comes to protection. it just looks shinny. lol.

DaVikes

Adventurer
Long answer. If you have the stock rear axle location, and a stock rear bumper, people say a 33" will fit, if you beat the stock spare tire locater tabs out of the way. Probably true. If you have the All-Pro rear bumper, with the recessed/hidden hitch, I think a "33 will fit but I'm not sure. I have the All Pro rear bumper with hidden hitch, and I also have All Pro rear springs. The All Pro rear springs push the rear axle back 1" from the stock location, and I can't fit a 33". 32.5" is about a large as I can go. I have a stock jeep JK tire as my spare, which is about 32.5. But I can see a rub mark where the tire hits the diff when I get some compression.

I'd really rather have pizza cutters, but I know I can't that under the bed with my springs/bumper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke