2012 LC

haven

Expedition Leader
"This vehicle is located in the USA and must be exported before the end of October...(the vehicle) was imported under a temporary Customs Waiver for use in National Guard training films."

Asking $36,500. Since you can't register the vehicle in USA, you'd have to have help from someone who is a resident of another country. Mexico allows residents of USA to register vehicles in Mexico, but I think you need a permanent residence address. The Expeditions 7 Land Cruisers were purchased through a dealer in New Zealand, and registered there, but picked up at the factory in Japan.

kchristian

Adventurer
even if you register it in Mexico you would be responsible for some significant import taxes there... But 32k for a brand new 70 series is a pretty good deal.

"This vehicle is located in the USA and must be exported before the end of October...(the vehicle) was imported under a temporary Customs Waiver for use in National Guard training films."

Asking $36,500. Since you can't register the vehicle in USA, you'd have to have help from someone who is a resident of another country. Mexico allows residents of USA to register vehicles in Mexico, but I think you need a permanent residence address. The Expeditions 7 Land Cruisers were purchased through a dealer in New Zealand, and registered there, but picked up at the factory in Japan.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
The Expeditions 7 Land Cruisers were purchased through a dealer in New Zealand, and registered there, but picked up at the factory in Japan.[/FONT]

All of the E7 rigs spent time in their home country, the VDJ78's in NZ, the VDJ79 in Aus and the VDJ76 in ZA. I'm not sure of a country that does allow registration/licensing without every having the vehicle physically present.

I'm not familiar enough with Mexico's import laws but the are very stringent that import vehicles leave and a bond must be posted. I would suspect there are some Central America countries that would work. I can say that South American countries have very stringent import and licensing laws.

hobbner

I hate all the laws, politicians, money, marketing, or whatever draconian stupid reasons that makes it impossible to buy such a beautiful vehicle here in America.

peepers

Observer
What is the process here? Buy the truck and get a friend in Mexico to register it at their address?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz