harrop elocker group buy

zimm

Expedition Leader
have you longed for the mechanical simplicity and and OEM manufacturer durability that comes with and eaton e-locker, but you cant get one for your particular axle, so youre stuck with lunchbox lockers, or air hoses?

well, check this list

http://harrop.com.au/4wd.php

current pricing is 1362 AUD each, plus shipping, to us 'mericans. a little spendy considering they are 900 usd for a ford. but the more we buy, the cheaper they get. they wouldnt commit to how cheap, but if i can get 5-10 interested, we will see.

i'm going to bring in a couple for my 100, either way, but, if anyone else has some interest, sign up here and we will see what we can knock off.

i dont like to beat around the bush, so if its crickets for a few days, i'll just delete the thread and buy em myself.

take a look, see what you think. personally, no cables, no motors, no hydraulics, no air pump, just 12 volts and youre locked in 100 seems like a dream.

zimm

Expedition Leader
i would email them. those are all ozzie rigs. they dont have a US customer base, so, it could be the same diff is in a different ozzie rig such as a prado, and they have it.

Julian Patane [julian.patane@harrop.com.au]

this is the fella i made contact with.

bjowett

Adventurer
I've considered them in the past, but ultimately still prefer the factory Toyota lockers.

FWIW, the stock LSD in your Taco can be rebuilt to give much more bite and durability.

zimm

Expedition Leader
I've considered them in the past, but ultimately still prefer the factory Toyota lockers.

FWIW, the stock LSD in your Taco can be rebuilt to give much more bite and durability.

thats an adapted design from the old cable lock style. its over 40 years old, and like the old Gwagon collar with dog teeth style, it has its foibles compared to modern drop in lockers. sometimes, newer really is better.

Expedition Leader
Those look pretty nice, but my current trucks are already locked front and rear with ARB's or stock electric lockers. Would be tempted if they weren't though. Personally, I dislike the lag time engaging or disengaging that you frequently get with Toyota motor-activated electric lockers.

Last edited:

zimm

Expedition Leader
Those look pretty nice, but my current trucks are already locked front and rear with ARB's or stock electric lockers. Would be tempted if they weren't though. Personally, I dislike the lag time engaging or disengaging that you frequently get with Toyota motor-activated electric lockers.

Hell, no. I have arb in my 40 and it's in no way worth ripping them out to switch.

II I look at it like this. A full set of arb with pump is 2500. A set of these is 3000. Is it worth 500 to have a simple system that is quick like u mention? To me it is, but just barely. For someone on a tight budjet, I don't think it's worth it. 500 is a good light bar, or skid plates, etc.

I would be interested in this. I need to do more research on it though. My LC did not come with OEM e-lockers. I put in a rear spartan (lunchbox) locker to tie me over until I could do a proper re-gear and front and rear ARB lockers.

This new option has got me thinking...

doug720

Expedition Leader
I'm in for one, possibly two, depending on final price for my 60 Series LC.

What is the timing/cut off date? No hurry, just curious.

If these come through Los Angeles, maybe I can assist in the reshipment?

Thanks for doing this.

Doug

zimm

Expedition Leader
Not sure. was hoping to get to double digit order numbers before negotiating. I did a packie top order 10 years a go and was able to save big bucks over 10,000 dollars. I'm open to any shipping method that's reliable and saves us money.

zimm

Expedition Leader
I'm in for one, possibly two, depending on final price for my 60 Series LC.

What is the timing/cut off date? No hurry, just curious.

If these come through Los Angeles, maybe I can assist in the reshipment?

Thanks for doing this.

Doug

I don't know about a time line. I'd like to get them in before bear season, but wish in one hand and **** in the other, and I can tell you one fills up first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles