Favorite "silly" little detail on your Land Cruiser?

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
the 100 series cup holders leave a lot to be desired... one good thing about them is that a can with a thick koozie (or the ones you can freeze) fit like a glove.

favorite aftermarket mod: front runner aux tank, so far.
favorite stock feature..... has to be the seats, so far.
least favorite stock feature: the difficulties encountered when trying to make otherwise "simple" repairs under the hood.

jdlobb

Adventurer
the 100 series cup holders leave a lot to be desired... one good thing about them is that a can with a thick koozie (or the ones you can freeze) fit like a glove.

favorite aftermarket mod: front runner aux tank, so far.
favorite stock feature..... has to be the seats, so far.
least favorite stock feature: the difficulties encountered when trying to make otherwise "simple" repairs under the hood.

I'll remember that about the koozie. Maybe put 1 or 2 in the center console.

lugueto

Adventurer
The way it smells. It has a quintessential 60-series smell that my whole family identifies with.

You know, this is true for all cruisers. My dad had a few 80 cruisers over the years, including a few 80s. I didn't realize they had such a particular smell until I got into a friend of mine's 80 which smelled exactly the same. My dad passed 9 years ago, I nearly broke into tears when I first got into that 80 a few years after that.

The 60s and 70s also smell similar to their siblings!

Cheers,

Luis

brentbba

Explorer
Snorkel (purchased from our very own Cruiseroutfit Kurt!) has to be the biggest conversation starter on the beast along with the INTI rack up top. Fridge and CO2 get questions. Favorite 'silly little' thing on her has to be the Landcruiser embossed bottle opener mounted on the back side of the tire carrier! See here for those and other 'stuff'. http://cruisercrap.com/ No affiliation.

doug720

Expedition Leader
I like the feel of the skinny steering wheel in a 60 and the slooow steering on a lazy road in some beautiful place! It just makes for a nice drive...slow down and enjoy the ride!

Last edited:

hairy_apple

Adventurer
FJ40s have a smell too... I think it's mix of gasoline and mildew.. but it's still a distinct smell! My father in laws and mine both have similar smells when the hard top is on.

98 SNAKE EATER

Adventurer
Favorite silly thing is probably the security system :p

Least favorite thing, the angled oil filter that leaks down onto the axle during changes :(

stu8319

There are a lot of little things i like about the truck, but one that i think stands out that is never discussed is how easy it is to see out and around the big 80 series. I find it relatively easy to get the big thing into small areas because the driver visibility is great.

I just bought my wife a new Grand Cherokee and while it's a great vehicle, I feel like I need to have cameras outside of the car to see. The A pillars are GIANT.

Rezarf <><

Explorer
My FJ40 air conditioners...

DSC08239-1.jpg

bossman429

Adventurer
Other than the fact that every time I turn the key it starts?

Not such a little thing but hands down my favorite is my helton hot water shower system.... I don't think I would camp with out it any more

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier