RoverClassic???

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Dose anyone have any opinion of Rover Classic . com??? I looking to get another D1 and They have some really nice ones.

Nate

nick325i

Adventurer
D1

I don't know anything about that site but I know of someone with a fairly-clean, stock D1 for sale in SA, TX. About 100k miles, cold AC, etc. I think they are asking $2k. Let me know if you are interested.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
I would be vary Interested. I am looking for a Discovery that could be daily driven, but PM any info you have on it.

Nate

Last edited:

NYCRover

Observer
I got my D1 from these guys.

My experience is mixed, as there were some discrepancies between the description and the state of the truck that I used to negotiate a better price point.

I love my disco and for the most part has treated me well over the last year and a half, but I would just say that some of the descriptions appear to be used for most the trucks they sell. They use the terms "no rust anywhere" and description of "no evidence of any electrical problems" loosely as they used this as the description on my truck, which definitely was not the case. Also, the truck did not have 4 matching tires (as they described) and the suspension was in an awful state relative to the description of it being in excellent shape (did not matter for me as I was planning on swapping to AT's, steelies and OME lift anyways).

The price I negotiated was somewhat reflective of these issues but not entirely once I peeled back the onion. I'm a firm believer of putting the responsibility on the purchaser (which in this case is me especially since i checked it out in person), but I do have issues with the way they may market trucks online to buyers who can't physically check them out. Trying to be objective here without pointing fingers, just stating the facts around my experience.

Just my 2 cents, but if I was paying $6k+ for a D1, I would definitely check it out in person if you can.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
NYC rover thinks for the info. It's good to know and kind of what I expected. I have been Eying a 97 With a 5 speed that they have back. Will see, My wife has decided that my LR3 is her and bumped my to her old car. I need to get it sold before I can make any more to find another Discovery.

Nate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94