Water storage

EttienneM

Observer
In two weeks time I am leaving for a 16 day trip through the South African northern cape and west coast. The trip is kind of a trial run for a much longer Botswana trip next year. We will have two stints of four days each on which we will have to be completely self sufficient and I needed to make plan for water storage.

I needed a solution which would be removable as the JK is also my daily driver, and I wanted to have the weight down low.

This is what I came up with. It secures using the rear seat hardware and gives me a 80 liter capacity.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408205658.924165.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1408205678.706304.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1408205701.091004.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1408205725.923167.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1408205749.989997.jpg

HRPINDC

Adventurer
Looks like the Front Runner footwell water tanks. I like the frame, what are those connectors that you used? Nice work!

Last edited:

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
That is exceptionally clean in design and execution! :beer:.
Was hoping to see pictures of something like this. Great Job!
I see the rear of the frame can be bolted down, did you include brackets, or another way to bolt down the front of the frame?

EttienneM

Observer
That is exceptionally clean in design and execution! :beer:.
Was hoping to see pictures of something like this. Great Job!
I see the rear of the frame can be bolted down, did you include brackets, or another way to bolt down the front of the frame?

I attached 90 degree angle brackets to the rear most square tube using rivets, and the angle brackets line up with the seat bolt holes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier