Show off you Laptop/Tablet/GPS mounts please

Raul B

Explorer
Took off my ram mount setup for a mob armor. Utilizes a 90lb magnet to secure the tablet holder to the backing plate that I attached to my dash. So far I like it way better than my ram mount.
facd34ab323c195da025b9ccc89de671.jpg

ffa45a32871015150861f2b4a67d7be9.jpg

jerdog53

Explorer
As mine is currently Pro-Clip mount for the iPad Mini running Avenza PDF maps with a Garmin Glo feeding it and a Garmin Montana with a custom home build mount in the cubby.

DSC00587_zps6919c4e5.jpg

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Has anyone on here tried out the Scoche Tablet/Phone Magic Mounts? I picked up one just the other day for my Jeep WK for my new Note 4 phone, and it works awesome. The magnets are very powerful and hold nice and tight.

I love the fact that my kit came with 2 metal plates, one for a phone sized device and one for a tablet.

http://www.scosche.com/magic-mount-cell-phone-holder-tablet-mount

I have the Magic Mount Window kit.

Has anyone on here tried out the Scoche Tablet/Phone Magic Mounts? I picked up one just the other day for my Jeep WK for my new Note 4 phone, and it works awesome. The magnets are very powerful and hold nice and tight.

I love the fact that my kit came with 2 metal plates, one for a phone sized device and one for a tablet.

http://www.scosche.com/magic-mount-cell-phone-holder-tablet-mount

I have the Magic Mount Window kit.

I just bought one off Amazon. I'll let you know how it works.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
I just bought one off Amazon. I'll let you know how it works.

Good stuff.

For a cell phone they are excellent. Small tablets, sure... but they might not do awesome in the VERY rough stuff depending on location and weight of your device. It works good for my Note 4 with the heavy folio LED case.

Good stuff.

For a cell phone they are excellent. Small tablets, sure... but they might not do awesome in the VERY rough stuff depending on location and weight of your device. It works good for my Note 4 with the heavy folio LED case.

My plan is use a 7" tablet. Hopefully it will hold.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Can anybody comment on whether the Ram Tablet-Tite (or some other tablet holder) will grip more securely than the Ram X-Grip for small (7") tablets?

My last trip to the desert saw a lot of time on washboard roads and there were some patches where my Samsung Tab4 7.0" was vibrating out of the X-Grip II Small Tablet mount. Up to that trip, it's worked pretty well. I have it on a very short 3" arm to a ball base screwed into a cupholder on the center console, so I've limited the "lever arm" as much as possible. The 7" tablet has a fairly grippy rubberized case, but the X-Grip just doesn't seem to grip that tightly. It's also annoying that one of the "grips" has to be positioned "just so" to avoid mashing into the power or volume buttons (all in one corner of the tablet), and when vibrating the tablet slides enough to toggle the volume or power...

Raul B

Explorer
Can anybody comment on whether the Ram Tablet-Tite (or some other tablet holder) will grip more securely than the Ram X-Grip for small (7") tablets?

My last trip to the desert saw a lot of time on washboard roads and there were some patches where my Samsung Tab4 7.0" was vibrating out of the X-Grip II Small Tablet mount. Up to that trip, it's worked pretty well. I have it on a very short 3" arm to a ball base screwed into a cupholder on the center console, so I've limited the "lever arm" as much as possible. The 7" tablet has a fairly grippy rubberized case, but the X-Grip just doesn't seem to grip that tightly. It's also annoying that one of the "grips" has to be positioned "just so" to avoid mashing into the power or volume buttons (all in one corner of the tablet), and when vibrating the tablet slides enough to toggle the volume or power...
I have that tablet holder and it holds it firmly but it vibrates like crazy even though it's attached to the seat. I'll be in Anza borengo this weekend trying out the prototype mob armor mount we put in last week. So far i like it.
96c91e83e84dc65b7c148257ea6d0315.jpg

clint70

Looking for a good mount for a tough book... also what live mapping / moving map software does everyone use? I would like to link the Garmin GPS60CSx to get moving map... appreciate any help.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
How much do your mounts rattle on the long stutter bump trails? what have you found that works well against this.

I'm still fighting this battle. I have a RAM X-grip for my 7" tablet, on a 3" (short) arm, and even that vibrates enough to shake loose the tablet on a washboard road. (I think the tablet is just too much mass relative to the strength of the springs in the X-Grip)

Raul B

Explorer
I'm still fighting this battle. I have a RAM X-grip for my 7" tablet, on a 3" (short) arm, and even that vibrates enough to shake loose the tablet on a washboard road. (I think the tablet is just too much mass relative to the strength of the springs in the X-Grip)
I had that issue too which is why I got rid of the ram mount setup. My new mob armor setup has been great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior