Show off you Laptop/Tablet/GPS mounts please

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
What is the brand name and source for the bracket holding your tablet? It looks like it clips at the top and holds the sides and bottom.

Looks like the Ram EZ-ROLLR

Might be willing to try that, but it means no case...

This^

It's the EZ-Roll'r from Ram. I really like it, its an overall stout setup. I don't mind not having a case on the tablet though, I only use it in the truck or in the tent.

v_man

Explorer
it might not be for everyone , but I added several springs to my RAM ipad mount for added tension . A couple on the holder and a couple to the dash , it's super firm now ....

IMG_6048_zpssdqrirm5.jpg

Raul B

Explorer
Here is an update to my setup. Mob armor USB hub to power everything, dual GPS receiver with the mob armor case, mob armor mob x for my iPad and their phone mount. I find it to be a much better setup than what I had with my ram mount.
0b7aaad0c2268ffc195b661bcfa50e8e.jpg

crossed-up

Observer
I've been working on this flip-forward mount for the last few weeks and finally got it fitted into the Jeep today. Its mainly to mount an 8" tablet to use as a trip computer to follow roadblock tulips, and detailed OS map navigation, but will also serve to mount phones, CB mic and other kit that there is generally no place/space for in the WK. The tablet is mounted with Velcro in it's flip case so it can easily be removed for security.

It is still evolving and I need to sort out some wiring for USB power and other details but so far I think it will overcome the space limitations of the WK dash and minimise clutter.

More details of the actual build here:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/152652-WH-(WK)-Preparation-for-the-Pyrenees/page2

I0000RhQLqUG216A.jpg

I0000Q_vYoImzUxg.jpg

I0000N6IvcSv0nc4.jpg

I0000jq9w6.s16KA.jpg

I0000ITpPHDlNFQ8.jpg

I0000MVE_h.mEfx4.jpg

I've been working on this flip-forward mount for the last few weeks and finally got it fitted into the Jeep today. Its mainly to mount an 8" tablet to use as a trip computer to follow roadblock tulips, and detailed OS map navigation, but will also serve to mount phones, CB mic and other kit that there is generally no place/space for in the WK. The tablet is mounted with Velcro in it's flip case so it can easily be removed for security.

It is still evolving and I need to sort out some wiring for USB power and other details but so far I think it will overcome the space limitations of the WK dash and minimise clutter.

More details of the actual build here:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/152652-WH-(WK)-Preparation-for-the-Pyrenees/page2

I0000RhQLqUG216A.jpg

I0000Q_vYoImzUxg.jpg

I0000N6IvcSv0nc4.jpg

I0000jq9w6.s16KA.jpg

I0000ITpPHDlNFQ8.jpg

I0000MVE_h.mEfx4.jpg

You sir, are a genius! Excellent design.

cyclic

Adventurer
Posted in it's own thread, but deserves to be here......................

1988 Chevy Suburban
Galaxy Tab 3
Ram Mount Tab-tight
Blackhawk holster quick disconnect
Aluminum mount plate held to dash with 3M tape

IMAG07041_zpsaxakqw6g.jpg

IMAG07101_zpsspc1ufd6.jpg

IMAG07121_zpsabmy0oxr.jpg

IMAG07151_zpsk8da5tvn.jpg

UsubM

Just installed my Ram Mount setup for my Samsung Tab 4 7.0" running Backcountry Navigator and Copilot.

Are there any problems with vibration on dirt tracks with a setup like this? I use a Ram mount for my phone which has been fin, but does the extra mass of a tablet cause problems?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior