Show off you Laptop/Tablet/GPS mounts please

Raul B

Explorer
I ordered a Ram-a-can mount with universal tab-tite (10") to mount my galaxy tab s2 to test out on the trip this weekend, even ordered next day air shipping on Tuesday of this week so I could make sure that I got it in time. The sent a x-grip mount for an iphone instead. I'm a bit irritated at this moment because they don't help you on the phone, they tell you to email them. Looking for alternatives now. So my First experience with RAM mounts has been about as pleasent as a prostate checkup.

Any suggestions on other companies that make mounts?

Branden
Were using mob armor on ours.... If you need specific images pm me and I'll send you some.... Here is one on our way to expo

857c0d24bd9cce2230c8410d24d3dcaf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

gunpainter

Observer
Were using mob armor on ours.... If you need specific images pm me and I'll send you some.... Here is one on our way to expo

857c0d24bd9cce2230c8410d24d3dcaf.jpg

Thanks for that, I checked it out and it appears that they cater pretty exclusively to iPad users. They have the universal 7-12" tablet holder, but the way the mount is setup, that won't work with my Ram 3500 truck, the dash is quite long, and a 9.7" tab would create one heck of a blind spot.

Update on CS for RAM mounts though: Still haven't heard back from them

Branden

Raul B

Explorer
Thanks for that, I checked it out and it appears that they cater pretty exclusively to iPad users. They have the universal 7-12" tablet holder, but the way the mount is setup, that won't work with my Ram 3500 truck, the dash is quite long, and a 9.7" tab would create one heck of a blind spot.

Update on CS for RAM mounts though: Still haven't heard back from them

Branden
Np. If u look where I have my tablet that's the mob x universal mount. I made a backplate and mounted it to my dash
3585bfd1fb3eae4d0de6158bed7a5b8c.jpg

gunpainter

Observer
RAM came through and got me the correct part to complete my order, and even sent it out next day air to me. Unfortunately the weather for the KC area this weekend nixed our plans for the weekend, so I didn't get to test out the rig this weekend anyway. I did learn that I don't like Maps.me navigation. It couldn't even find my address for my house. Switched to HERE, and i'm diggin' that better.

Trying to plan a long weekend trip down to the Current River in the Mark Twain National forest area. Need to do some gear shakedowns, and see if there's anything else we need for our trips coming up this summer. For mapping i'll be using a combo of HERE, BCN, and PDF maps (essential for MVUM's of national forest areas).

Branden

pawleyk

Running from Monday..
Here's my setup.. Just two Ram 7" X-grips, one on the driver's side near the door and another mounted lower near the center of the dash intended mostly for the passenger. They both make pretty good platforms for typing, especially the passenger setup. The driver's mount is close enough to the door that I can rest my arm for stabilization on the armrest so I can wildly tap at things with more precision. It's also at a nice location between the mirror and windshield that doesn't take my eyes too far off the road.

I run a nexus 7 with Backcountry Navigator, maps.me, and google maps on the driver's side. My wife uses her iPad mini. It's loaded with whatever artistic confoundery Apple devices come with..

I'll wire up a Blue Sea 12v USB output near the driver side location to eliminate that cord across the steering column soon.

DSC00568.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz