Yeti solar on sale for $200 shipped

dddonkey

Adventurer
Yep I ordered on today, I was going to buy from another source but why not get a free panel and shipping. This should be a good back up for my camper and to just keep in the car when I am using my truck fridge out shopping or for day trips.

fike

Adventurer
Me too. I just ordered it. That's a pretty good bargain when you include the solar panel. I have a trip in two weeks and I really wanted the yeti 150 for charging camera batteries.

dddonkey

Adventurer
Well I order mine on the 19th and got it today the 21st, wow that was fast. The system looks great and will work perfect for me in my current setup.

dstock

Explorer
Well I order mine on the 19th and got it today the 21st, wow that was fast. The system looks great and will work perfect for me in my current setup.

Nice, mine doesn't even show that its shipped yet and I ordered the same day,

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

bill harr

Adventurer
Everyone realizes this is a 15 watt panel? $200 seems high for a 15 watt system (panel, battery and controller)
1.25 amps is not going to keep a DC compressor fridge running.

dddonkey

Adventurer
Everyone realizes this is a 15 watt panel? $200 seems high for a 15 watt system (panel, battery and controller)
1.25 amps is not going to keep a DC compressor fridge running.

I did a quick test with my truck fridge, it was pre cooled to 27 and full of beer, around 40 cans. I had the fridge on max, used it like normal and after 3hrs and 24 minutes the battery said it was still at 60%. Now this was in my house, it was opened maybe 6-7 times and I was using the 12v option. I could hear the fridge cycle on and off and was suprised to see after an hour and 15 minuted the battery said 80% so I am pretty sure it was close to the 40% mark but it works for me. I am going to use it as a second battery in my current vehical (a Mazda cx-9), I will have it charging while driving and running the fridge.

fike

Adventurer
For me, this is a battery charger for camera and nav equipment. I will charge it off the car when I am travelling. The solar panel was kind of a bonus that I hadn't really planned on. Because I generally don't stay in one spot for more than a couple days, this battery pack should be okay. As you can imagine, for my style of travel, solar panels are kind of superfluous. I will play with the solar panel for fun, but not really depend on it.

fike

Adventurer
I would love to review it, but it appears that my battery is DOA. I will need to send it back and get another.

dstock

Explorer
Got mine, of course it arrived after I had already left on a trip! Doh!

Haven't had a chance to test it out yet, but love the size, looking forward to real world testing. Has anyone made up a cable to go from a regular solar panel, like the ebay ones to the Yeti? I know the Yeti has a charge controller built in, and I would be pulling power from the charge controller on my 100 watt solar which of course seems redundant but it would be the easy way to connect it up.

I did order the 12 volt pigtail to charge the Yeti from the car, so maybe I will dissect it, and see if I can just order another to make my own plug with an Anderson connector on the other end.

I haven't readily found anything online pre-made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94