Midland GMRS Handhelds - $25/pr on sale...

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
SALE ENDED at midnight 08/19/2014.

No affiliation, just trying to pass along a decent deal.

Midland LXT118 18-Mile GMRS Radio Pair Pack (MDLLXT118) from Solid Signal

● 18-mile range
● Keystroke tones
● Headset jack
● Dual power: standard alkaline or rechargeable batteries
● 22 channels

MDLLXT118_medlrg.jpg

Any questions about GMRS? General Mobile Radio Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:beer:

Last edited:

All-Terrain

No Road Required
Are these good for a 2 to 3 vehicle convoy, when you're going to drive pretty slow and stay within about 100 yards of each other, off-roading/camping/etc?

austintaco

Explorer
Are these good for a 2 to 3 vehicle convoy, when you're going to drive pretty slow and stay within about 100 yards of each other, off-roading/camping/etc?

I have some of the longer range ones, and that's probably the best use for them. Also, if one of us has to stay in the truck on a dog duty while the other goes into Wally World or Target on a supply run, we can ask quick questions to each other, instead of having to call on cell phones. If you are shopping for these, get the longer range ones and plan to never be more than a few miles apart, and get one with a 12 volt charger

All-Terrain

No Road Required
I have some of the longer range ones, and that's probably the best use for them. Also, if one of us has to stay in the truck on a dog duty while the other goes into Wally World or Target on a supply run, we can ask quick questions to each other, instead of having to call on cell phones. If you are shopping for these, get the longer range ones and plan to never be more than a few miles apart, and get one with a 12 volt charger

That's what I was thinkin'.

Cell phone coverage can be spotty, even when your phone is functioning properly...

Text messages don't always get delivered right away, etc...

Just need something to leave powered on, sitting in the center console, in case there's a need to communicate a quick "I'm going to stop ahead at the big tree" or "Going left at this fork" or "Watch out for this little ledge on the right" or whatever message - while driving within a mile of each other. A charger for the cigarette lighter would be great, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94