Front Runner Flatpack Kitchenware Set Review

Exploring Elements

Supporting Sponsor
The Front Runner Outfitters Flatpack Kitchenware Set is now a staple in our overland camp kitchen. We use something from the set daily on our travels. Have a look at this great review of the set that Sarah just finished:

http://www.exploringelements.com/review-front-runner-flatpack-kitchenware-set/

EEFrontRunnerFlatpackReview-1.jpg

EEFrontRunnerFlatpackReview-2.jpg

shogun

Adventurer
I dont write articles, dont do product testing, buuuut, it seems to me that one would anticipate questions that potential users might ask. The better one is at anticipating such issues, the better the review.

Just looking at the pics I have some immediate observations/questions that would prevent me from purchasing this product;

1. The ones with snap-on lids seem to have a slot that the lid snaps over/into. This seems like a bad idea for food to get into and be unable, or at least difficult, to clean. A better design would have eliminated the outer half of that seal so there is no slot for things to fester in, or reverse the seal geometry to accomplish same.

2. When stacked in the fridge, as in pic, I see poor space efficiency because the bowl is cone shaped rather than straight-walled. I would not recommend using in the fashion due to poor space management. Snapware is much better for stacking and sealing items for fridge storage.

3. I am curious as to just how sturdy these are, vertically. How well do they resist squashing down? I know similar bowls will snap down unless you are careful not to press on the wall. It could be messy if they are liquid filled and the decide to collapse. Similar concerns with stacking (fridge).

Last edited:

Exploring Elements

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks for the review feedback shogun.

1. Snap on Lids: Actually seal really well and are quite easy to clean out. Reversing the seal geometry does seem like a cool idea to possibly improve the product, but for sure not needed.

2. Stacking: These are not the best for fridge stacking when it comes to space saving, but they are the best at space saving outside the fridge and work well in the fridge. For camping and full time traveling we don't tend to have leftovers last very long, so the space difference is not really an issue.

3. Sturdy: For sure we have seen the auto collapse of similar products. These seems to be really good at holding their shape. It takes quite a bit of pressure to get the items to collapse.

Thanks again for the thoughts and don't ever hesitate to ask any other questions. We for sure want to continually improve our reviews on Exploring Elements.

Honu

lost on the mainland
wish ya would just post the review here and a link ?
on mobile devices much easier that way :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles