Big plans?

libarata

Expedition Leader
What kind of big plans do you have for the winter of 2014/15?

I myself am looking forward to strap on some Nordic skis again, or maybe snowshoes after about 8 years of having not. I may even try and drag a few friends along!

Kuma632

Observer
Got the crew a chalet room at Timberline Lodge reserved for Feb/15.
Funny how much I think about snowriding in the heat of summer.:)

libarata

Expedition Leader
Before I enlisted, all I could think about during the summer, were winter hikes, and abseits der Piste(off-piste) skiing/shoeing. oh, and ice fishing.

kpredator

Adventurer
big plans

not too big of plans,heading to the everglades in january . taking my johnboat on the wilderness waterway,fishing and shelling with the wife.
feb heading over to spanish wells more fishing and maybe catch some crayfish.
march back to work,new mexico project.
cant wait to explore more of the gila
kp

kpredator

Adventurer
big plans

we always try to get out of the tundra each feb
usually open water fishing by march on the ssippi
love those walleye.
kp

libarata

Expedition Leader
I can't wait to move back to Northern Wisconsin... The winters here in Virginia make me sad, and so do the people crying about 20* weather. I want a few feet of snow, my shoes, and a winter campsite!

kpredator

Adventurer
northern wi

spent a couple winters,working grand rapids mn,superior,duluth,hayward.
had a great time up there.checked out the superior ice caves,did a little laker fishing
great little dive bars all over up there.
if we won the lottery ,believe we would have a place around sturgeon bay.
good luck
kp

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
Well just hoping for a winter this year. 2012/13 was snowmageddon, 2013/14 was one rainy winter, and 2014/15 is looking to be a lot like last year. No big objectives just lots of hikes in the Mts and work with the race team. I kind of miss northern WI but not too much.
small 154.jpg
jack frost 017 small.jpg
small 056.jpg

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
spent a couple winters,working grand rapids mn,superior,duluth,hayward.
had a great time up there.checked out the superior ice caves,did a little laker fishing
great little dive bars all over up there.
if we won the lottery ,believe we would have a place around sturgeon bay.
good luck
kp

Little Sister Bay is much nicer. :ylsmoke:

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
I can't wait to move back to Northern Wisconsin... The winters here in Virginia make me sad, and so do the people crying about 20* weather. I want a few feet of snow, my shoes, and a winter campsite!

You could always head west to Whitegrass WV. I always wanted to ski there. The telemark scene is talked up so much down threre. I'm sure it is not like VT, da UP or Crested Butte but I want to check it out some time.

libarata

Expedition Leader
You could always head west to Whitegrass WV. I always wanted to ski there. The telemark scene is talked up so much down threre. I'm sure it is not like VT, da UP or Crested Butte but I want to check it out some time.

I am planning on taking extended weekends there at least twice. I grew up off-piste, and winter camping. If I can swing it, I am going to purchase some snowshoes this winter as well.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Yeah! Big plans. Staying in San Diego as far away from the snow as possible! Except for a few snowboard trips to mammoth.

libarata

Expedition Leader
White Grass received their first wee bit of snow for the season. EXCITED! How many folks like Nordic skiing, and snowshoeing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles